“Amazing food!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Oberkassel
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Very good food. Great place and the service also very good and helpful! Our guests really enjoyed the dinner! Will definitely come back!

Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

Came without reservation and was told it could take 30/45 min. Acceptable on a Friday night at a popular place. Unfortunately the place turned into utter chaos and even reserved guest were cueing up and were not seated within a reasonable time. Management doesn't communicate nor cares and seems incapable of providing customers with a sense they are taken serious. In the end we asked if we could eat at out place at the bar, which was fine but after two times asking for a menu we dropped some money for our wines as probably waiting for a bill would set us back another half hour.

Probably good food given the high traffic, unprofessional management.

2  Thank Raymond T
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

Michelangelo Saitta is by far the best restaurant in Dusseldorf. Antipastos, white truffle pasta, authentic Italian meat, extensive wine list.... go go go

Should improve their Grappa

Reviewed 22 October 2016

This is an Italian restaurant with an excellent wine list, good decor and reasonable food. On the night we went we were given a table in the middle of the wine cellar. This was good for our group as we could talk. Upstairs it was full and very noisy.
The menu was reasonable, not too extensive and the food was good.
The wait between the starter and the main course was too long.
They have a very extensive wine list

1  Thank Simon M
Reviewed 27 September 2016

Arrived solo at 8:45 with a reservation and the place was packed. Owner asked if I could wait 5-minutes and gave me a cocktail to survive the crisis. In no more than 5-minutes I was escorted to my table. I was the only obvious tourist in the place yet I was treated as a local. Menu in German had English descriptions and finding something good was no problem. As well I was given a waiter who spoke very good English so it made for a very enjoyable dinner. I ordered minestrone soup, tagliatelle with porcini mushrooms in a light brown butter sauce and (3) lollipop lamb chops over a bed of greens. All prepared excellent and tasted wonderful. I can even say the table bread was spot-on perfect italian crusty exterior with fresh doughy interior like only Italians do. They have an extensive wine list. I enjoyed a 2005 - Bruno Giacosa Barbaresco that was splendid. After dinner my waiter took me downstairs into their wine cellar and showed off the mother-load. As expected a huge selection of many of the best Italian and German wines to be found often in a large selection of vintages. For being such a cooperative guest my waiter treated me to a Lemoncello on the house after which, I was on my way out the door. Truly a wonderful meal with great food. As is always the case the experience was enriched by a staff who were not only friendly and professional but obviously cared about their work and guests. Not to be missed.