All reviewsrooms are smalllobby loungefree wifiexcellent budget hotelroom was spotlessly cleanroom pricenice designsmall deskold townparking garagebuffet stylecity centrea great place to staywalk in showerstayed here for nightscold cutsmini bar
Reviewed 16 May 2017

Quiet and smart room with all mod cons. Friendly staff and a huge breakfast choice, in a buffet style. I liked the location, which allowed for walking to everything in central Cologne, including the station.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

The hotel placed very close to city center. The rooms were small then we expected, there was no cabinet for clothes, there was no room telephone or mini bar either.The breakfast was good. The rooms were clean. In the evening there is no floor housekeeper, the receptionist take care of if you need something . In a such a big hotel it is a bit surprising. The staff is very helpful and friendly. This a modern hotel that you need to update your expectations for it before making a reservation.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Nice crew, cool setting, comfy lounge, reasonable prices - what more should I say, what else can I say. Motel One is definitely one of the best hotel chains I know, and let me add to my praise that I am a frequent traveler and spend lots of nights in hotels all over the world. Please note: This location is extremely noisy. Try and get a room towards the backyard. If you're lucky and get one on the top floor it even comes with a nice view.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2017

Nice hotel, nothing terribly fancy. Great location to the city centre. The breakfast was continental but had a good mix of variety. We walked to many of the christmas markets with ease. I would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

First time to use the Motel One chain and it is very impressive. Quick and efficient check-in and departure and they will store your suitcase for the day if you've a later flight. Though the rooms are compact, they are very clean and comfortable with very little noise intrusion. Breakfast was continental buffet style but a good range of food to fill your plate. Lobby/lounge is nicely decorated with lots of comfortable chairs. Within reasonable walking distance to the city centre, it was a great place to stay for visiting the Christmas markets. Wifi provided but very poor signal in our room whereas our daughter next door had better signal. I acknowledge that it's a budget hotel but a small kettle for tea/coffee making would be a favourable addition to the rooms. I will use this chain again in other cities.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family