Die Wohngemeinschaft Hostel
  • Room Service
NH Koln Altstadt(Cologne)
US$119
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$112/night.

US$120
US$107
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$124/night.

US$158
US$265
US$223
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbar downstairsfree tea and coffeelego roombed dormbelgian quarterping pong tablepopular bardouble sizesmall shelfhonesty barroom decorminute walk to the centreshower arealight bulbsgerman breakfaststayed longerthe staff were extremely helpful
Reviewed 14 December 2017

Stayed here for only a night. It is quite central and the rooms are individual and very interesting. Rooms have a (made up) back story, which makes them unique, compared to generic hotel rooms. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The price is a bit on the high side for shared bathrooms, but given the general price level of cologne it is OK.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2017

Stayed here with a couple of mates in a three bed room. Decor was very out-there and funky and the bar downstairs served good beer until late. The staff in the hostel were really friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Nice atmosphere, good staff, comfortable and HUGE beds, good location. Pretty much everything was great about it! This hostel was booked up for my first couple days in Cologne so I stayed at a different one and only stayed at this one for my remaining few days, but I wish I had booked earlier and stayed here the entire time. They also give a loyalty discount off your next booking if you go back!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

I'm giving this fantastic hostel 5 stars not because it compares to 5 star hotel accommodation because it doesn't, but nor does it profess to, but because for a hostel/budget accommodation it really does go beyond expectations.

I normally stay in 4/5 star hotels but on this occasion, knowing I would only need a bed to sleep in for 6 hours due to early flight time and evening plans with a friend, I didn't see the point in paying triple the price for the Hilton or Radisson, when I could experience this funky hostel.

I chose it because of its quirky themed roomed. When using booking.com to book I request the Gone With The Wind Movie room and they indeed managed to accommodate me. The rooms really are amazing. Colourful, spotless and weird and wonderful. I have friends in Cologne and when I return I won't even hesitate to stay here again. I don't think I'll ever consider a hotel in Cologne now.

The communal area offers free tea and coffee - and the quality is decent. And the kitchen area is like walking back into the 70s. I loved it, like a movie set.

Spotlessly clean shared bathroom, 2 functioning lifts and a great bar downstairs.

Location excellent. Close to bars and restaurants and I felt safe at night as a lone female walking in the Belgian neighbourhood.

The receptionists were super friendly. I can get by with limited German. My understanding is much greater than my active vocabulary but luckily I had my friend with me who is German. I need not have worried as the staff's English was impeccable. They recommended a great Vietnamese restaurant across the street which was also very good. They ordered me a taxi for 4am and left me the taxi number should there be any problems.

It's been a long time since I've stayed in a hostel but this was almost like staying with friends. Super chill vibe and just very quirky and fun.

Don't hesitate to book this place. There's something wrong with you if you don't thoroughly enjoy it! Top marks guys. Can't wait to come back!!

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

This is definitely the best hostel bed I have ever slept in! A double bed each, complete with curtain so lots of privacy and lots of space. Huge lockers for your whole bag. Great location with a buzzing bar below (which can go on quite late). Breakfast not included but looked nice and unlimited tea and coffee.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends