“Best quality and very good value for money”
Review of Distinto

Distinto
Ranked #368 of 2,711 Restaurants in Cologne
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lindenthal
Reviewed 2 September 2018

This restaurant is not elegant, but a good choice for a visit with friends or family because of it's comfortable atmosphere.
The quality of the food is great and you get such a generous portion that it is difficult to finish more than one dish, The service is very friendly and fast, everything will be brought immediately like the pepper mill or grated cheese or more bread.
Yesterday I chose the pasta with pistachios from Bronte....such a rich taste and too much to finish. I hope they will have this special dish another time! My son had pasta with truffles and enjoyed it very much. The wines were very good, Chianti Classico and the Grillo from Sicily were a good choice.
If you look for an Italian Restrautrant in Cologne without ChiChi but good food - this iy your choice!

Reviewed 3 December 2017

We found this lovely spot while visiting the local vets to get our dog wormed for our trip back to the UK.
As we went at around 4pm they were still serving the daily special menu for 13.70 Euros. Our choice of 2 carrot and corriander soup starters followed by a Huftsteak with pepper sauce for me and a Pizza Nera for my wife washed down with a coffee and pils went down very nice on a cold November afternoon. The staff were very friendly as were the other customers who also had there pet pooches with them.
The restaurant was well set out and quite big, lovely furnishings.

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

Distinto, as the name suggests, it's an elegant restaurant that is not too expensive and is not at all snobbish.
Italian cuisine from the north, very tasty, and with a nice and careful service. My favorite? Pizza with bufala e tartufo. I would kill for it.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

This restaurant is very big with a separate roo, a main dining room and a covered patio. There is a lunchtime special consisting of a starter and main for 13.90€ which is always pasta or meat. The salads are delicious, the service is friendly and good.

Reviewed 12 October 2015

As an Italian, I (almost) never go to Italian restaurant abroad.
Some friends took me to this one situated in the outskirts of Cologne and I must say that it was a good choice.
We had a starter of carpaccio and vitello tonnato, followed by perfect spaghetti garlick, oil and fresh tomatoes.
We ended up with roasted lamb and vegetables.
There was no room for dessert unfortunately, I will try one next time.
The service is swift although a bit casual.
The owner (or manager) will insist on giving you some Sicilian wine which is good but particularly thick.
I cannot say anything about the price it was not me who paid and did not see the bill.

If you like milder red wines, ask for Tuscany or Friuli.