“Unfortunately disappointing”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Altstadt-Nord
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

The food was not actually bad or inedible but for the price you're paying you'd expect it to be tasty. We had the tasting menu with 4 courses - Fish starter was quite bland and tasteless, and the phaesant was downright chewy and the vegetables underneath did not fit with the rest of the dish. At least the vegetable dish in between was spot on as was dessert. Wine list was very extensive although slightly pricey too. Overall, for the price you pay you don't get your money's worth

1  Thank William B

Reviewed 29 November 2017

This is a lovely contemporary designed restaurant, From the moment that my partner and I arrived we were greeted with warm smiles from all of the staff.
We settled on the tasting menu with wine "WeinSmeckerMenu".
Each course was superb and the wine pairing were spot on, I am not normally one to be impressed by Sommeliers but this lady really knew her stuff and was very informative. Service overall was fantastic.
I cannot wait to return.

1  Thank pat_dub_1
Reviewed 11 November 2017

this is a superb restaurant with a wine cellar stocking 900 different wines
The service is attentive and the food is as good as you will find in any fine dining establishment- it is just 5 minutes walk from the Hauptbahnof railway station
They also offer a set lunch Tuesdays to Fridays

Reviewed 28 October 2017

The stuff is really good in giving you advice about the wine. We loved one of the Rieslings, although we are not white wine fans. The food was nothing special though...we expected better since the menu list was small. The place is very loud but still a must go because of the wines.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

We had the 4-course menu which consisted of a first dish with perfectly cooked octopus (one of the best I've ever eaten), a tomato/feta/watermelon creation which was a nice palate cleanser and had an interesting flavour combination, fish with lentils (extremely tasty, probably my favourite) and a 'Hugo' for dessert - the latter was probably my least favourite as the overall menu was generally very light, I would have appreciated a more substantial dessert. We found the tasting menu filling enough, but only just. I think finishing off with something a bit richer would have taken the menu to the next level.

Either way, there was nothing about the food which I didn't like and everything was perfectly cooked, and - worth mentioning because this isn't always the case - perfectly seasoned!

The wine list is, of course, fantastic. We decided to try something very different and go for an Austrian 'Blaufränkisch'. Very nice and interesting wine, quite elegant but we we would have preferred it if it had a bit more body to it. Unfortunately it didn't develop much further over the course of the evening.. But we're glad we tried something different!

Service was excellent, the only thing which we weren't too fond of was the decor and design of the restaurant. It reminded me of a restaurant you would find inside a museum, a place you'd go to for lunch. Having such an exciting wine list and good food, I felt the decor didn't do the place justice. If we hadn't researched it online, we would have probably just walked past without taking notice of it.