“More than disappointed”

Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Altstadt-Nord
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Very friendly staff, good service, a massive wine list, mostly german wines, small menu, which in my opinion ensures good quality, fresh produce, but, if for example, I order pasta with mushrooms ( Pfefferlinge) I think just 6 mushrooms on the pasta is a joke! If I order fish on tomato and the slice of tomato is bigger than the portion of fish?? The fish is tasteless and I am paying €33 There are too many other excellent restaurants in Cologne. We will not be back at Wein am Rhein

1  Thank Helene I

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

This stylish gem just north of the station is a must. Food was great as was the wine selection.

Superb service from friendly and efficient staff who spoke perfect English.

Do not hesitate.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

If you are tired of Kolsch and want some good choice of wine without the need to take the whole bottle - come here! I had soup of the day (puree of some herbs) and Turbot with a bottle of 2009 Riesling Old Vines.Very good fish and most of the dishes look-a-like Haut cuisine in this place, but not exactly there. Still very tasty though. The wine was great - crisp and Old Vine indeed without excessive fruitiness of the young Rieslings. I rate this place and food as Excellent not because they are top notch, but because they are definitely better than just Very good.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

I loved the wonderful decoration on the wall of this restaurant. I passed it by without even recognizing it as my chosen destination, but once in, I was positively surprised by the sophisticated atmosphere. It is a bit pricy in comparison to the majority of places in Cologne, but definitely in line with the quality offered.

1  Thank Deinos1
Reviewed 19 May 2017

I had asparagus with hollandaise sauce (it's Spargel zeit!) and salmon. Fairly simple, but tasty. They recommended me GG Riesling and it was excellent. The Chardonnay suggested for the 2nd glass was clearly Bourgonge style with strong smoky nutty notes, but lighter than the usual Burgundy white. Overall, I really enjoyed the dinner.