“Very good business hotel (but expensive)”
Review of Kameha Grand

Kameha Grand
Ranked #4 of 79 Hotels in Bonn
Belgium
“Very good business hotel (but expensive)”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Really nothing to say about the quality. Rooms are very clean ( but you have to like the design), the speed of the wifi connection is tremendous ( 1 hour per day free, otherwise 12 eur per day). The spa is excellent, especially with the pool outside on the roof. Even a nice smoking lounge in the lobby. So why did I give not the max quotation: it is overpriced in relation to its location. I had a special rate for a convention : 360 eur for a 2 night stay. On top of that, 2 days parking at 23 euro per day, breakfast costs 29 eur per day ( even if I only drink a tea with a small ham&cheese sandwich), so for a 2 day stay 450 eur in total.....( and this is supposed to be a special rate), I really don't know what to say.

• Stayed February 2012
Kameha_Grand_Bonn, Resident Manager at Kameha Grand, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
Dear “starexplorer”,

We most warmly thank you for taking your time giving us your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel.

Thanks to your advices and comments, we are able to continuously improve our quality in guest services and operational procedures in order to provide the most exceptional and excellent experience for our guests.

It would be a pleasure for me and my colleagues to welcoming you back at the Kameha Grand Bonn!

Dirk Salzsieder

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Windermere, Florida
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed at the Kameha Grand over a weekend on a visit to Bonn. The location of the hotel is convenient for both business and leisure trips. The rooms are nicely done, but as with most of the hotel is a little too modern for my taste. However this isn't a big concern, just had gotten used to the old charm of the older hotels.

There is free parking along the street, but can be limited if you get there during the weekday or later in the evenings when all the guests arrive. It is best to drive here, although there is public transport. There really isn't anything near the hotel for food or leisure, so its nice to just get in your car and go downtown.

Upon check-in, a staff member walked me to my room and explained all of the hotel amenities and how to operate all of the gadgets in the room. I ate at the restaurant for dinner which had good food. The view from my room included the river and pathways, as well as the adjoining building. There was no issue with noise, which made sleeping good.

I haven't stayed in other hotels in Bonn, but would definitely stay here again. The name of the hotel is interesting. Not sure why a hotel in Germany would name itself after the king who unified Hawaii in the Unites States. Still can't figure out the connection, since you wouldn't even know this by any of the hotel's decorations.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Dear “wbullseye”,

Thank you very much for your nice review on tripadvisor.

We are pleased to hear that you did enjoy your getaway to Bonn. I agree that on the first sight it might sound surprising that our hotel is named after the Hawaiian King Kamehameha. Roughly translated Kameha means “The only one” – which refers to you - our guest.

We would be more than happy welcoming you with us soon again and remain

with kind regards

Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Another GRAND stay at Kameha. I smartened up this time and took the bus from Bonn, which stops nearly right out front. As soon as he spotted me, the doorman walked down the street to offer a sincere greeting and help me with my bags. Classy. Everyone here is so discreet and kind. I always come away feeling very well cared for and pampered. I never thought of myself as much of a modern design enthusiast, but this place changed my thinking. I always re-watch the designer's video on the TV and catch something different each time. Even though I was in an interior-facing room this time, I learned you can indeed see the Rhine from every room! Amazing.
Some things I love:
the place feels solid and secure - very well built
you can easily open one of the huge windows for fresh air.
excellent, generous bath amenities
everything is clean, comfortable, stylish, and functional
outstanding breakfast buffet with fresh, fruity sparkling wine and interesting juice offerings
well-maintained spa area with infinity pool, saunas, steam room, showers, rest areas, tea, fruit
OK - I like everything, really
A note regarding other reviewer's issues:
Don't be intimidated by the complex lighting controls - just experiment a bit, and you can probably figure it out, or simply dial the 'just 4 you' number, and they will help you.
There is espa hair conditioner in a dispenser in the pool area changing room shower.
The breakfast buffet is not budget, but it is probably the best one out there - worth it.
The hallway color is certainly bold and memorable, but that's the point - why be bland?
I will be back as soon as I can.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank josanpu
Dear “josanpu”,

On behalf of the entire KAMEHA – Team I would like to sincerely thank you for your nice feedback.

Our objective is to ensure a comfortable and hassle-free stay characterized by attentive and warm hospitality. We are very happy that we have succeeded our goal and that you enjoyed your stay at the Kameha Grand Bonn.

We hope to see you soon again!

Best regards

Liege, Belgium
Reviewed 29 February 2012

This hotel is easy to find, well located and really to the service of the customerwith nice areas like the spa, the outside heated swimming-pool and the cigar lounge however some points could be improved ... as wifi and parking are on top of the bill.
Furhtermore, even if asked at the checking in which newspapers I would like to get the next day morning and my wish to get an English newspaper, I got a ... German one.
Finally, the take away breakfast is of good quality.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Benoit1980
Kameha_Grand_Bonn, Resident Manager at Kameha Grand, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear „Benoit1980“,

Thank you very much for your review on tripadvisor.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the faux pas with your newspaper. Of course this should not have happened to you!

We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I wish I had more time to explore. The large open spaces are a welcome change from the average European hotel. The colour explosion in the halls may not be to everyone's taste however the rooms are more subtly decorated. The heated bathroom floor tiles were a welcome surprise plus the option of bath or shower was a welcome one.
My favourite aspect was the breakfast, by far one of the best I've had and the staff were excellent.
As for the negatives, the room lighting was a little confusing as there were so many options with most controls in the bathroom. A colleague also mentioned that the bathroom in the suite had no opaque glass which meant privacy was an issue, particularly as the bar is opposite.
The hotel suggests weekend trips such as spas which might draw me back for a bit of indulgence.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Kameha_Grand_Bonn, Resident Manager at Kameha Grand, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Dear “Tantea”,

On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for your nice feedback.

We are very happy to hear that you had a nice stay with us and that you have especially enjoyed exploring our hotel.

Please find our latest offers for accommodation, culinary experiences and SPA pampering programs on our website. We hope to see you soon again!