Hotel Wegner
Aalto Hotel Garni(Langenhagen)
  • Fitness centre
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsa short tram ridenext morningbusiness tripnice roomstayed herequiet areaclose to the airportone night staycomfortable hotelmotorwayamenities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2015 via mobile

I have stayed and eaten in the hotel twice now and it has everything I require on a business trip. Parking, spacious rooms, a good restaurant with a wide choice of food, good service and friendly, warm and welcoming staff and all at a very reasonable price!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2015

We arrived late from a 2 day, long haul flight with no luggage so were looking forward to washing our hair, cleaning up and making the best of a bad experience. We were given a room facing a busy car park that cost €171 that was small, no amenities such as shampoo, conditioner or black tea to make a cuppa, just obscure fruity flavoured tea that were not used ever. On requesting WIFI we were given two pieces of paper with enough hieroglyphics to make an Egyptian proud! Bathroom was minuscule and the towels would have done a Liliputian well, they were so small. We were too exhausted to complain that night but next morning asked if we could forfeit our booking and leave. We were then offered a much better room that had automatic WIFI and better tea/coffee selection. Seriously one of the more poorly resourced places I've stayed and the price was quite outrageous. On a bright note the Breakfast was very good and cost €11 per person.

Room Tip: Do not take a room in the hotel basement, ask for the boarding house
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2015

A really lovely good value hotel just outside Hanover. It is a short tram ride to the centre if you want bars and restaurants but the hotel is in a quiet area not far from the airport so it is reall convenient. Breakfast is very good and the rooms are clean, large and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Rob-Sharon_20-4-13
Reviewed 1 March 2015

This is a relatively small hotel on the outskirts of Hannover, but very comfortable. The reception and restaurant staff were very pleasant and spoke good English. The room was sizeable and very clean with a large wall mounted TV. Although free wifi is available it was a little erratic in operation. Breakfast was excellent with a good range of food options available. Our only disappointment was when we left the hotel early evening to find an alternative eating venue for our evening meal, only to discover virtually every amenity in the surrounding area was closed - apparently most of Hannover closes on a Monday! Overall a good option for a non-central hotel location.

Room Tip: Don't go looking for alternative restaurants on a Monday evening - very few are open!
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Ian A
Reviewed 21 November 2014

Really good price compared to other places I checked. Small rooms but very clean with large bathrooms and a wonderful yet small shower, good water flow was worth the small size. Nice the TV has CNN so you can hear some English news.
Free shoe shine machine in lobby area, for me it was the first time seeing something like this.
If smoker there is easy access to outside back of building which is private.
Just a half block from the trolely train, which will take you right into downtown.
If your staying for more than a week get a bus/trolley pass, Hannover has the best public transportation I have ever seen, its all we used and very easy to figure out. I have never taken public transportation in my life but didn't' want to rent a car because of not knowing road rules here. Bikes are everywhere and have certain right a ways we Americans are not used to. Bus/trolley pass will get you anywhere you want to go easy enough. Much cheaper and easier than paying per ride.
Be prepared for some of the rudest people you have ever met, I always said Boston was the most unfriendly place I have traveled to, but Hannover beats them 10 fold. (at least) They do not greet or smile, even if you do they just stare, its like a bunch of zombies on the buss or trains, never experienced this before any any of my travels, my sister and I made it a game on how many people we could get to greet back if only with a smile, we can count on our hands how many did while in Hannover for the month we stayed. Very strange unsociable people, I have been to Germany before but more south, I was told the more North you go the more unfriendly people are, not sure if that is true but Hannover is sure this way. Take a day trip to Hamburg, its a beautiful trip by train and the city is more like old Germany, friendly, great shopping and the city is beautiful.
This hotel has a wonderful restaurant, breakfast is a buffet of just about anything you would want, for dinner it has the BEST snitzel we had while in Germany, we stayed her two nights until the apartment we rented was ready for us, even though we left this hotel we had to come back several times just to have their snitzel and fried poto's again. Americans will find this odd but the restaurant is not open on sat and sunday nights. Strange for a hotel. Even if you choose another hotel to stay at come here for a good dinner...the best we had while in Hannover for the month. I had yagger snitzel (sorry about sp) so I will post a pic of it below

Room Tip: Try and get a room on side or back as the street noise can be bothersome if you like quite. Elevator stops one floor short so if an issue make sure you get room on floor elevator stops Need to ask for coffee pot as there was not one in room when we checked in and the next day on maid cart I noticed coffee so asked and one was brought up.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family