“Maybe it was just my luck but...”

Ranked #10 of 159 Hotels in Hannover
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

The saga began at the booking where we could get only superior rooms for astronomical prices... but why on earth did we need to come here exactly on the weekend when there was a flooring exhibition.
Upon check in we already needed to pay but the invoice looked odd so I questioned it as it had too many different prices on it. The boss on duty strolled in and without any human feelings on his face he managed to find out after 20 minutes that we've underpaid. Hardly apologised for it but told off several times his colleague front of us then charged us again. But it's all good. We've a superior room after all and it costs. So I'm now very keen to see the famous room and it's also getting close to midnight - yes you're right, why did we fly in so late...
In the room a welcoming empty bottle glues to the table and after this I wasn't even keen to look around to see if the room was clean or not. So there we go again. Let's get back to reception and ask if this normal after all I still don't know what a superior room is like. Apparently this is not part of the feature so I'm ending up in a different but still superior room after a brief apology.
This room was a connecting room so guess what I was a constant part of the neighbour's life and tv programme but even if this wouldn't have been the case, I could hear everything from the corridor sound and clear... So much about superior soundproofing.
Trying to sleep off the excitement of check in, I didn't manage to discover the superiorness of the room. This went all well until housekeeping barged in well before 9am... Yes, it must be my fault - why didn't I put out in the excitement of the night the do not disturb sign...
Now that I'm up let's go and see why is this room so special. Well, I'm still trying to find it....
Seemingly the only differences are free usage of bathrobes and slippers plus 2 soft drinks per day from the minibar and tea and coffee making facilities. I even got a letter highlighting these great features of my wonderful superior room. I don't know how the other rooms are but if this was a superior I don't want to know either.
In the bathroom both the sink and toilet surfaces were cracked. The cleaner must have had black hair as this was all over the bathroom floor. As toiletries I had a shampoo and a shower gel. No vanity kit or body lotion. And the bathtub. Oh my. I think I managed to flood the entire bathroom. Yes I know, my fault - why did I take a shower in a bathtub. Well the shower head on the wall and shower screen kind of tipped me off. Mistake. The shower screen had a giant gap between the glass and the tub so all the water happily escaped to the bathroom floor and on to the toilet.
After my fun with housekeeping in the morning I quit the joy of them but later I tried to ask for tea but the housekeeper couldn't speak any German or English to understand me. So no tea replenishment from her. My colleague tells me her houskeeping experience was fun. They left the bin on the toilet for her, must be the designated location for it and of course some nice hair collection, too.
My colleague was not fond of the breakfast buffet, I can comment only on the lunch buffet. Salad was there plenty without any questions but when it came to mains I was surprised to find that there is only one sort of fish and Frankfurters.... And no, the a'la carte restaurant is not open while the brasserie is open so there was no other choice really.
We had some free time so let's see what we could do in the hotel. There is a pool, great and it's even free to use. But if you dare to be even more sporty or want to relax more in the sauna, please bare in mind a lovely 5€ surcharge which is not even included in the astronomical price of a superior room.
As our flight was leaving early in the afternoon, we had the nerves to ask about late check out. Without even letting us finish the question about how astonishingly late or not we were thinking to over stay our welcome, the answer came flying, sure 10€ per hour because we hadn't paid enough so far...
Well, it was maybe just our luck and everybody else has a wonderful time in here but for me definitely not a keeper.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Anita H
MaritimHAJ, Manager at Maritim Airport Hotel Hannover, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear Anita H,

thanks a lot for sharing your review. I have discussed every point you have mentioned with the team.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Maritim is a really big hotel that is a waking distance from hannover airport.
You just need to cross the road.
Their rooms are comfortable and their breakfast is the best.
Walking distance to train station and needs 30 minutes to reach HB

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

Dear Yassar H,
great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Thanks a lot for sharing.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Very nice hotel for a night in transit at Hannover. The room was nice and clean although it looks a little vintage
I didn't hear any noise from the airport and slept well!
Breakfast was huge and delicious but I think it is a bit expensive (21€)!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
MaritimHAJ, Manager at Maritim Airport Hotel Hannover, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Dear kwantafv,
thanks a lot for sharing your review. Thank you for choosing the Maritim Airport Hotel.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Used airport for 1 night when connecting to another flight. Hotel very close to airport.
Checkin staff very pleasant and helpful. You do have to pay extra to get your room before 2pm even if hotel is virtually empty as was when we flew. However you are told this when booking. It was cheaper on Bookings than own site. Room was large and clean. A little dated particularly the bathroom.

The pool area is fab very clean. Superb sauna.

Did not eat in hotel.

Would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
MaritimHAJ, Manager at Maritim Airport Hotel Hannover, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Dear MrandMrsPoynton,

thanks a lot for sharing your great review. The rates on maritim.de are the cheapest available rates at the time of making your reservation.

Thank you for choosing the Maritim Airport Hotel.

Happy Holidays and all the best to you in the year to come.

Reviewed 23 November 2017

The hotel is right at the airport which is convenient for business travel. But the staff are not friendly, they are not organized and certainly do provide a warm welcome for guest at arrival. I was forced to pay 20 euros because my room reservation was not guaranteed because I arrived after 18:00. No one had the courtesy of informing me and I had no choice but to accept so I can have a place to sleep that night. Horrible place!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Ola H
MaritimHAJ, Manager at Maritim Airport Hotel Hannover, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear Ola H,

actually this is not the way the front desk team is working. As I do not have more information from your site I am not in the position to follow the issue up. No surcharge will be charged anytime of the day if a reservation is not guaranteed by credit card. The only risk you have that a non guaranteed will be deleted from the system at 6 pm in certain periods of time when the hotel is fully booked. I think it is a bit unfair to call us a horrible place.

Maritim Airport Hotel