“Always a favorite.”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Daily special is always excellent and the beer is great as well. We stop here at least once a month and being direct off the market square its easy access. When its warm the Bier Garten is an excellent option.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

What a great little find this was in Ruedesheim. Stopped in for lunch one day and had the Goulash soup - it was terrific. Enjoyed a couple of beers also and enjoyed being out of the cold in a warm and friendly environment.
We enjoyed it so much that I came back here for dinner with my parents the following night. We all thoroughly enjoyed our dinner food and drinks, Staff warm and pleasant given our lack of German language.
Great spot and I highly recommend for an authentic time.

Reviewed 5 May 2018

After being out for the day in Bingen, we decided to visit Jakobusklause, a few minutes from our hotel. As it was a chilly evening we asked if we could sit inside. We did, but had to share the table with 3 other people. We were supplied with the menus, and asked what we wished to drink. We selected glasses of white wine and ordered Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce & Boiled Potatoes, and Pork Schnitzel with chips (far too many) and a side salad. Both were excellent. We followed this with Ice-cream, with Warm Raspberries and cream - it was quite big, so we shared it. A very pleasant place to round off the day!

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Our hotel recommended this spot as their restaurant was closed. We weren’t disappointed. Excellent goulash soup for a starter, followed by a very tasty, signature pork cutlet baked in onion and cheese dish. My wife had a pork cutlet with a peppercorn sauce that wasn’t as good, but mine was so big I didn’t mind sharing! The owner has a thing for Jim Beam collectibles - gives the bar a quirky feel but very casual and relaxed.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

We started with a local dark beer and local white wine while sitting in the garden. The waitress left the menus with us and we decided to try the local cuisine. The potato pancakes reminded me of the ones my grandmother made. My husband tried the seared shrimp with dill sauce. Both delicious. We finished with the apple strudel. Yummy!