See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 August 2016

The day we arrived at Kassel it was very warm 32 degrees. We assume that this hotel had air conditioning available in the rooms.. .big mistake! No air conditioning in the rooms despite the fact that this hotel has been refurbished recently - Rooms facing the main street are very noisy so impossible to leave the window opens... meaning we 'slept' in a sauna. Awful night despite a bed which seems comfortable. The room was clean, bathroom was ok, small but clean. If you sensible to smell avoid using the hand soap and shower gel... they stink, cheap stuff with a very bad smell.
The receptionist was nice and we were able to borrow a little fan, sadly it did not help much to cool down the room.
Breakfast was boring and uninspiring. I was expected some nice Swiss cheeses (the rooms are red and white and everything is done to give you sense of Switzerand) but no nothing like this, very poor cheese quality and offering. Scramble eggs were over cooked, cheap juice and sadly the bread wasn't great (which is surprising as Germany has lots of fantastic bakers & yummy bread) And strangely enough they had cut their croissants in half. Otherwise the breakfast room is clean, opening to a nice terrasse.
Car park is ok - but not cheap - Dogs are allowed with a 15 euros charge
There is a nice toys shop opposite the hotel and a very good organic shop. Honestly our experience was not nice and it was not worth the price.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room do not select one on the main street!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
DirektionSH, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Schweizer Hof, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2016

Dear simonsweden,

thank you for your comment.
We do not advertise with air conditioning. Nowhere is mentioned that we have an air conditioning. Our soap is from a well-known cosmetic producer (Sauvage) who deliver his products worldwide. Maybe its a matter of taste.

We have three different types of sliced cheese. One type is Emmentaler. On top we have Brie cheese, three types of spread cheese and mozzarella. Our juice is from Granini (High quality). Its true that we cut our big croissants in a half. We observed in the past that we have disposed many croissants. For this reason, we have decided to cut this in a half. But that's no problem - take the second half.

Its also true that the scrambled egg is sometimes overcooked. We try to do our best to handle this problem.

Your team of the Schweizer Hof in Kassel

Reviewed 22 September 2015

This hotel is not that horrible. Staff is very kind and helpful, breakfast is decent, room are comfortable. But...
I was in a room with a view on the main street on the 1st floor. There is a permanent noise from the road (cars, trucks, trams). The noise stops between 2-5am. There is no air clim. I like to sleep with the window opened. No way. Stupid people stay every night till 2am, talking loud and smoking cigarettes. Even with the widow CLOSED, I am surrounded by this awful smell :-( AWFUL.
I am travelling for business purpose, the wifi is slow like hell, very difficult to work. I will avoid this place next time.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
DirektionSH, Manager at Hotel Schweizer Hof, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2015

Dear Oliver,

thank you for your feedback and your good response to our friendly service and our breakfast. Our reception have a 24-hour service. If you called our Night audit, he will checked the situation in front of our hotel. He had to asked the people to leave our place. I recommend you a room of a comfort categories or one of our comfortable apartments. These rooms are much quiet.

I checked the wifi signal in your room. I had a good signal. For your information. We will improve our wifi with a higher speed soon.

Maybe you give us a second chance. I be sure to persuade you on your next stay in our Schweizer Hof Kassel.

Reviewed 9 July 2015

The hotel is closely situated to the train station Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe which is nice if you are travelling with an ICE. It is easy to walk up to Wilhelmshöhe which is a nice sightseeing spot, and certainl worth a visit.
The conference facilities are really good, the staff is extremely friendly, they offer nice snacks in the break. Althogether, if you have to meet with people from all over Germany, this is certainly a good place to choose.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business

Dear Peter H.,

thank you very much for your good feedback.
The whole team of the Schweizer Hof is very happy about this.
We look forward to your next stay in our hotel.

Reviewed 3 May 2015

Arrived at about 1am after late flight and 2 hour drive,when buzzed security intercom was told we were not booked!
Had booking ref in my bag,after I quoted this,were allowed inside,then had to wait again while it was checked.
Room good enough,no cleaning for 1st day? Asked for wifi code,major issue,asked not to send too many emails!
Breakfast was really good,lots of choices,loved it all.
Ask for free tram ticket,well worth it as tram directly across street.
Lovely restaurant next door,baguettes are yummy!!

Room Tip: Not sure,ours was basic,had hob but not any pans,wonder why?
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2013

My three sisters and myself stayed at the Schweizer Hof for 4 weeks. We loved the hotel, staff, and area of Kassel. It was located in a wonderful area for walks, food, coffee, bus & train location, shopping, and quiet relaxing atmosphere. No matter what we wanted to do or where we wanted to go we were close to everything - including car rental. The staff helped us with everything and treated us very well. Because we stayed long term we had the best price on the cost of the room and breakfast buffet. I would go and stay there again and use it as a central location and travel from there. It was so economical to stay there that I would consider a longer vacation to have the same great price. What you save on a room it makes it economical to stay longer. The Schweizer Hof was the only place that I could find that had apartment style rooms. We had a double bed and brought in two fold out beds. We had a two burner stove, fridge, room cleaning once a week, wifi (extra charge but, very reasonable), and a restaurant with wonderful reasonably priced food right next door. Most staff spoke great English. Tina was our tour adviser, car rental adviser, and basically helped above and beyond. I have nothing but good to say about this hotel. Oh yeah, did I say that it was clean and very comfortable. I you're there for a long or short term visit this is the best choice. It's like a 4 star hotel. The buffet brunch is delicious with many choices.Thank you Schweizer Hof. Kim

Room Tip: We stayed in room 38 right at the end of a hallway. It had two leather chairs that we could sit at and have some space to make private calls home. It was over looking the back - away from the street noise. We had our windows open all night and it was wonderful to get the fresh air without the noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business