Ritter Hotel
Das Spenerhaus(Frankfurt)
Hotel Diplomat(Frankfurt)
Hotel Cult(Frankfurt)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 January 2017

Of all the hotels I have stayed in during 27 years of travelling this is the single worst place ever.
I was staying in room 201 which was situated on top of a bar playing extremly loud music until 5AM. There was no one at the reception, which was led by Chinese not really speaking English. When phoning them at night they shuth the phone off.

The rooms are molded and filled with bugs and filth. (see peitures).

Next day I was moved to another room with so many bugs that the floor looked alive.

My recomendation is find another hotel, no matter how little money you spend here it is way too much.

Room Tip: do not stay
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2016

I have stayed at the Ritter three times now over seven years. It is in a fantastic location and unbelievably cheap. It is old and simple but clean and welcoming. Sure it can be noisy on a Saturday night but i had no trouble sleeping with the double glazed windows shut. I stayed four nights and one evening at about 7 pm there was a knock on the door and the duty manager apologised that there would be no breakfast in the morning although I had already prepaid. He put his hand in his pocket and solemnly counted out six euros refund. Apparently the night manager (who also gets the breakfast in the morning) wasn't available that night. I was also asked to make sure that the outside door was locked. The hotel was very quiet and I think I might well be the only person in the building that night - no staff and maybe me the only guest What a hoot!
True, the wifi was poor on the third floor but good lower down. Breakfast was good and varied (when available!). Sheets and towels were clean, the water was always hot and the heating system was two large radiators whcih you could set yourself.
I am going again!

Room Tip: Three floors, no lift. Better wifi lower down.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

Do not stay here. Unfriendly staff (everyone I met), when I came the throw bed sheets downs the stairs (a picture fall of the wall because if that) and almost hit me. The room smells like a mix from cigarette & cheap deodorant, I had an whatever bug (in January) in my bathroom. I slept on a towel, the floor is so dirty, you can not walk without shoes. That is my first review on tripadvsior, because I have to warn you.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
5  Thank chmest
Reviewed 3 January 2016

Actually I'm quite surprised by such a great amount of bad reviews. Surely, this is not the best or the most luxurious hotel in the world, but what would you expect for such a price? As for me, I was quite happy with everything apart from the poor wifi (it was working well only in the reception area and on the stairs) and a somewhat old furniture in the room, but I can't complain about anything else. Someone wrote that the staff was rude; during my stay I met three different people at the reception desk, and no one of them showed any sign of impoliteness, they even tolerated my rather poor German. But what I loved most was the location! The whole street is filled with different types of pubs, bars, restaurants, so if you like to party, this is definitely a place to stay. Besides, if you come to the hotel at about 5 am after visiting several bars, you don't care anymore about the noise from the street, or the furniture in your room, or anything else that may bother you...

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2015

This is, bar none, the worst hotel I've ever spent a night in. And I have spent nights in extremely bad places.

The room was filthy, including what looked to be menstrual blood on the sheets and a sticky substance on the pillows. The bathroom was splattered with weird grey stuff, there were feces caked onto the toilet, and pubic hair in the shower.

We thought maybe they'd accidentally given us a non-cleaned room. Sadly we couldn't verify that because no one spoke English, German, or French, and the entrance was filled with laundry bags and we couldn't get to the front desk.

The house reeked of sweat, mold, feces, and smoke. They charged us 6€ for breakfast, each, even though we declined four times. There is no WiFi, even though they claim there is.

Room Tip: Do NOT come here.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple