See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

Do not stay here. Unfriendly staff (everyone I met), when I came the throw bed sheets downs the stairs (a picture fall of the wall because if that) and almost hit me. The room smells like a mix from cigarette & cheap deodorant, I had an whatever bug (in January) in my bathroom. I slept on a towel, the floor is so dirty, you can not walk without shoes. That is my first review on tripadvsior, because I have to warn you.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
5  Thank chmest
Reviewed 3 January 2016

Actually I'm quite surprised by such a great amount of bad reviews. Surely, this is not the best or the most luxurious hotel in the world, but what would you expect for such a price? As for me, I was quite happy with everything apart from the poor wifi (it was working well only in the reception area and on the stairs) and a somewhat old furniture in the room, but I can't complain about anything else. Someone wrote that the staff was rude; during my stay I met three different people at the reception desk, and no one of them showed any sign of impoliteness, they even tolerated my rather poor German. But what I loved most was the location! The whole street is filled with different types of pubs, bars, restaurants, so if you like to party, this is definitely a place to stay. Besides, if you come to the hotel at about 5 am after visiting several bars, you don't care anymore about the noise from the street, or the furniture in your room, or anything else that may bother you...

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2015

This is, bar none, the worst hotel I've ever spent a night in. And I have spent nights in extremely bad places.

The room was filthy, including what looked to be menstrual blood on the sheets and a sticky substance on the pillows. The bathroom was splattered with weird grey stuff, there were feces caked onto the toilet, and pubic hair in the shower.

We thought maybe they'd accidentally given us a non-cleaned room. Sadly we couldn't verify that because no one spoke English, German, or French, and the entrance was filled with laundry bags and we couldn't get to the front desk.

The house reeked of sweat, mold, feces, and smoke. They charged us 6€ for breakfast, each, even though we declined four times. There is no WiFi, even though they claim there is.

Room Tip: Do NOT come here.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
6  Thank jml2061
Reviewed 30 September 2015

Booked without full research and regretted our two nights. It is NOT a professionally run place. Our issues:
- nobody answered the locked door when we first arrived - we called the telephone number and eventually someone answered and let us in
- standing in reception to check in the guy started shouting upstairs to a female colleague, ignoring us
- had we not had printed evidence off our booking we got the feeling we would have been turned away - there was a lot of mention of being fully booked due to the annual car show being in town, flicking through paperwork and shaking of the head
- dirty room although the sheets were clean and the main room size was good
- tiny bathroom with a sink were the water would not run away
- carpet beyond disgusting and decor falling off the walls
- cockeroaches in the bathroom - we dealt with 2 during our stay
- hotel surrounded by bars and pubs that stay open to 5am and the noise, even with windows closed, is very loud
- the free wifi only worked intermittently

There were no redeaming features here. We tried to have a sense off humour about it but it was difficult, particularly as we could not sleep with all the noise. Really regret booking this place and would NOT recommend to anyone. This is not a hotel - at best it could be described as a really crummy hostel.

Stayed 25 and 26 September 2015.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Scribbling_Wayfarer
Reviewed 25 August 2015

Booked this hotel 1 day before arrival. Got there at aprox 6.30pm to be told that they had tried to ring me and had given my room was given to someone else!!!!!!

They arranged for me to be accomodated in another hotel which was nowhere near the sachenhausen area. We were put in the "Willy hotel" near the read light area instead. I wont even go into what that kip was like.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple