“The classic Church, nice picturesque view”
Review of Dreikonigskirche

Dreikonigskirche
Ranked #38 of 426 things to do in Frankfurt
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I actually took a picture from cross before going near to it, I cannot load it. It is a mistake but, it came out very unique picture. Again and again, if you go to Europe every city has more than enough churches and I am really sick of writing about them, not only Churches, of course masques and other temples as well. As a human being we could spend our energy and time to leave better structures to our future generation. such as Monuments, bridges, more useful ans connects everyone, instead divisive buildings and whatever

All reviews
"galleries"
"bank"
"bridge"

Reviewed 4 August 2018

my grandmother and I went there to listen to the Christmas Oratorio. Wonderfull sound, beautfull voices.

The Dreikönigskirche is a Lutheran parish church in Frankfurt. It is located on the bank of the Main river on the side of Sachsenhausen.

The Gothic hospital chapel was consecrated in 1340. From 1875-1881 the chapel was demolished and the construction of a Neo-Gothic hall church completed. It is five-bay, with a vaulted main nave, extended in the middle by side naves with impressive stone galleries.The Master Cathedral Builder was Franz Joseph von Denzinger. In 1956 the stained glass window by Charles Crodel was installed. In 1961 a new organ was installed by organ maker Karl Schuke.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

We were going to walk over to the church but it was getting late and we didn’t want to walk over there and then have the church be closed. We instead just took pictures from the Eiserner Steg Bridge. If we had more time we would have ventured over. There’s always reason to come back lol.

Reviewed 2 July 2018

I visited the Dreikonigskirche, or Church of the Three Kings, on a recent visit to Frankfurt & really enjoyed the atmosphere. It is a Lutheran parish church on the banks of the River Mein & was built between 1875 & 1881, on the site of a 12th century Gothic hospital chapel, by Franz Joseph von Denzinger. When I was there the organ was being played, not as a full concert but as a rehearsal for a concert taking place later in the day. It was very enjoyable & was made more so when a friendly chap who works there suggested I go up to one of the upper galleries which run along the North & South sides of the nave. From here I was able to get a really good view of the organ & organist, plus great views down into the main body of the church. There is also a small treasury on display with cabinets containing various plate etc.

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

This is an absolutely stunning church located on the way to the wonderful Sachsenhausen district,to get the best views of the church I think when you cross the Eiserner Steg ( beautiful bridge ) were you can take in the great views of the church.
There has been a church on this site since 1340 but the original church was demolished and this new church was completed between 1875 - 1881,great stained glass windows were added in 1956 and a fabulous organ was added later on,it's riverside setting looks awesome and it's most definitely well worth checking out.
Easy to locate on Dreikonigsstraße.