All reviews lovely hotel city centre free wifi train station connectivity
Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

Based on the review, I thought that this would be a nice boutique hotel. Turned out a simple hotel with minimal front desk service: no city knowledge, just good for booking taxi. The room has minimal furniture, small sofa, mismatch study desk and German's bed: 2 twin beds in 2 different set of sheets for its jr suite.
When I checked in bed has no sheets as laundry was not back yet, checking in at 1pm. When the maid finally made the bed did not check bathroom as it needs new towels. The towels were thin.
This hotel is far from everywhere, you would need private transportation, ie taxi.
The only advantage was its location by the river bank. Very nice to jog and walk around.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
GerbermuehleFFM, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Gerbermuehle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

Dear Svidss,

thank you for sharing your impression following your recent stay at the Gerbermühle Frankfurt.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the parks and the close proximity to the river main.

We're very sorry, that you didn't get enough information about the city. Normally, our personal can inform our guests knowledgeably.

We deeply regret that you weren't convinced of our standards but the rooms have all those facilities that the guests expect of a modern hotel.

I’m very sorry that we convey a false impression of our house and hope we can convince you that we’re worthy to our designer hotel image.

Of course, you can contact me directly if you'll like to give us a chance.

Sincerely

Reviewed 31 March 2016

we had a suite,which was the size of a comfortable flat in london.the hotel itself looks dark and cold and the smell of cigarette smoke is overwhelming! we had a private room for dinner and the quality of the food was excellent ,as was the choice of wines.we had an early start before they served breakfast and we asked if they could pack something for us the have on our onward journey.when we opened the bags on the train we found one half baguette white and one brown,nothing else!!! more than strange!!!

Room tip: for a longer stay the suites are great
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
GerbermuehleFFM, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Gerbermuehle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Dear marialD5651VG,

Thank you for sharing your impression following your recent stay at the Gerbermühle Frankfurt.

I am delighted to read that you liked the room, where you stayed in our hotel, last time. I'm very sorry, that you felt disturbed by the smoke but smoking in the bar is allowed because we want to give all our guests the feeling of being at home. We always try to keep the bar door closed, so that our non-smoking guests can feel undisturbed. Normally, our breakfast box includes all things that our guests wish. I think it was just a slight misunderstanding.

I much appreciate your compliments about the team and rest assured I have shared your praise with my colleagues. Indeed, we have fantastic people working here.

I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future and
wish you a wonderful summer time.

Reviewed 4 January 2016

Stayed over Christmas with family. I had expected more, since the place is known for its Sommergarten and restaurant. Service in the restaurant (incl. room service) was great. The same does not apply also to the hotel personnel. Overall very clean, however even the suites have limited furniture and feel rather empty (i.e. very uncomfy and small sofas). The restaurant is highly recommended (avoid the skylit area, appears nice but its very loudy due to the full glazing), unfortunately I can not state the same for the hotel. Interesting area to take a walk (or bicycle ride) along the river or in the areas around the new ECB building.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest Georgios N M,

Thank you for staying at the Gerbermühle Frankfurt and thank you for sharing your personal experience. We evaluate such comments very carefully as the comfort of our guests is our top priority.

I much appreciate your compliments about the restaurant team and I am sorry to read that our hotel personal didn't convince you. I would be very happy, if you could contact me to tell me why. My email is kamil.@gerbermuehle.de

We gladly note your comment about our rooms. The rooms have all those facilities that the guests expect of a modern hotel and we're disappointed that we didn't convince you with our rooms.

You're right. The area is perfect for guests who like to take a walk or bicycle ride.

I’m very sorry that we convey a false impression of our hotel and hope you give us a chance so that we can convince you that we’re worthy to our designer hotel image.

Reviewed 28 December 2015

The minute you come into the hotel , there is a strong smell of cigarettes. Apparently it is allowed to smoke in the bar which is in the entrance to the hotel, door all open. I dont understand what kind of management allows this kind of a thing!!
I would not recommend to families with children.

The rooms are clean and cosy.

The Dinner was overpriced!!!. A fish for 24eu , for something i would not call a dinner. Frozen fish, steamed spinach and 2 potatoes. Im sorry but i could do a lot better. It had no taste. My husband food was also a disaster. Service was good.

The breakfast was ok. The omelette was soaked in oil. There was no muesli.

I will not recommend, neither come back.

Room tip: Dont go. Dont eat there.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank elvishlei
GerbermuehleFFM, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Gerbermuehle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2016

Dear guest elvishlei,

Thank you so much for taking time to write about your stay at Gerbermühle Frankfurt and also for the nice words about our hotel rooms.

The hotel is completely non-smoking with one smoking area in our bar. Normally, our guests aren't disturbed of the smoke in the hotel, because the door of the bar is always closed but we're very sorry to hear that the smoke disturbed you.

We want our guests to enjoy the best and fresh traditional food and drink during their stay. We're disappointed that we didn't convinced you.

I am pleased to know that my colleague took good care of you when you were staying with us. I will share your compliments with my staffs.

I’m very sorry that we convey a false impression of our house and hope we can convince you that we’re worthy to our image if you give us a chance.

Reviewed 14 December 2015

We a group of business associates (and friends) got together at the Gerbermuehle for our annual Xmas dinner, and one and all praised the food a and service, excellent from start to finish we were 8 different nationality's and everyone found something to there liking.
Those not from the Rhine Main Area stayed overnight and all found the accommodation very good and an interesting alternative to staying in down town Frankfurt, especially breakfast in the conservatory overlooking the Main was very nice.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest half,

It is great to hear that you had a nice stay in our hotel and restaurant!

Thank you for taking the time to review the Gerbermühle Frankfurt.

I have certainly shared your review with my team, which is also very proud to have made your stay a perfect one.

We are very much looking forward to the pleasure to be your hosts again.

Best regards,