“Like a second home”

Lindner Hotel & Residence Main Plaza
Ranked #47 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 23 November 2010

For more than six months, I practically lived in the Main Plaza. I traveled to Frankfurt each week for business and stayed in this hotel during most visits. Although I was traveling for business, I looked forward to my visits and I have fond memories of my time at the Main Plaza and in Frankfurt in general. As frequent travelers to the Main Plaza will discover, each guest room has a different layout (although they all share the same great amenities... updated bathrooms, comfortable beds, TV with a few stations in English and fantastic views of Frankfurt!). The staff went out of their way for me and greeted me by name each week when I checked in. The hotel is located in the Sachsenhausen area of Frankfurt, a walk or taxi ride to the city center--the hotel's only negative. However, this area of the city offers good shopping, has great restaurants and is not far from Frankfurt's museum area. The hotel is on the banks of the river and three good restaurants border the hotel property (try Monsun next door for delicious Indian food). Highly recommended for business or leisure travel. I'm looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank sugarpug

Reviewed 28 October 2010

we stayed at this place over the weekend; very good rates for this luxury business hotel! perfect skyline view and extraordinarily spacious and clean rooms.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frankenreiter
Reviewed 21 October 2010

Spent a week here with my partner. Overall I enjoyed the stay but there were definitely some issues with it. On check in we were literally asked for a credit card and handed our room key. Nothing else, no information about the restaurant, breakfast times, leisure centre etc. I was expecting more from a 4 star hotel. This was also the case on departure. The system was down and they took only credit card details, no enquiry as to how was our stay or even a goodbye when our taxi arrived. I got the feeling we were staying in a self catering apartment for the week really. Very little friendliness or professionalism on behalf of the staff. On a plus note we were allowed to check in at 11 am and another good point was that a 3 pm late check out was free of charge, so handy for our evening flight.

The room was huge. First class room, it was like a suite. Really big and comfortable. However the was a very very strong odour of sweat in the room which we thought would disappear with the windows open and some time, however it didn't. We probably should have asked to move, again not up to standard. The room entertainment was excellent and good value for money. Didn't like the beds however, two singles pushed together and two single duvets. Very uncomfortable for a couple to sleep in.

Location was excellent, lovely walk into city centre and close to nice area with bars and restaurants. The leisure centre was very clean and modern but the pool was tiny. Gym was small but functional. Had room service and the food was quick and tasty. The breakfast was delicious too. Found the cleaning staff to be a little persistent on several occasions, we got a lot of interruptions into the room.

I would definitely stay again due to the large size of the rooms if I was planning a week long stay but for maybe a shorter stay I think I would prefer something with a little more attention to detail.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2010

We were at the Lindner Main plaza for 2 nights, 2 adults with our daughter, who was 4y old at the time. We had a one bedroom suite with a kitchenette. The room and the hotal were very clean with superior furnitures. Very friendly and helpful staff at front desk and at the breakfast buffet. Very nice view of the city from our room. Nothing to complain about except maybe for the location. There were not many restaurants or shops nearby but the U-bahn station was a few minutes walk from the hotel. We would definitively go back and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank RobB3529
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Hotel rooms are very big and comfortable. They are equipped with a small kitchen and I will suggest this hotel for a lo^ng stay. The location is also very central. The city center is within walking distance and the hotel is located in the Sachsenhausen quarter, which is very typical and very good for nightlife. A lot of bars and restaurant are in this area.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business