“efficient business hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #86 of 267 Hotels in Frankfurt
European in India
“efficient business hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2010

The neat and very clean (but then) drab hotel is typical of many business hotels catering to the business visitor in the four star category in Europe. The rooms were comfortable and bathrooms were well planned. The breakfast buffet was a bit insipid standard chain business hotel fare. Staff were extremely efficient and polite though not necessarily the friendliest.
On a business trip one is looking for functionality, comfort, and proximity to one's point of business. And these are fulfilled at the hotel.

• Stayed January 2007, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Europeaninindia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
Cornwall, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2009

The Lindner Congress Hotel caters for a business & conference market being close to the Industriepark Höchst, indeed a medical exhibition was taking place in the foyer when I stayed. The hotel’s location was in fact a major factor in my decision to stay there. In my view it lived up to the expectations of a 4* hotel in the quality, comfort & space available in the room I had together with the quality & choice available in the breakfast offered as part of my ‘voucher package’. The price of the latter making it excellent value for money and significantly below what I have paid elsewhere for similar accommodation. There were a wide choice of television channels on the large LCD TV, an internet connection had I wanted it and importantly the room was warm on a cold March day. This is however where my praise must come to an end as there was one fault/problem that befell me which I have encountered on one or two other occasions in otherwise plush and comfortable hotels. I should have been suspicious when I first entered my room to be greeted with a strong floral perfume. At first I thought, “How nice” but when I went into the bathroom, I was hit by a strong ‘drain smell’ which persisted throughout my stay there. Such smells seem to be associated with hotels where there is a drain grill (see photo) set into the floor of the bathroom. On one unfortunate occasion in Greece I have even had water coming up through drains of this type and flooding the floor when the bath was emptied! Why housekeeping staff simply cannot put bleach down these drain holes from time to time when they clean I don’t understand. I can’t believe that all the hotels where I have observed this have sewage disposal problems. Yes, I could have asked to be moved but the inconvenience and fuss for a short stay didn’t really warrant it. The incident caused me to examine the bathroom more closely and I found evidence of mould in the several places in the tiles sealant surrounding the bath as well. Having said this, had I not encountered this ‘odour problem’ then I would have been more than satisfied with my accommodation. I did not have time to explore the other facilities of the hotel which included a sizeable bar area and fitness centre. The hotel was busy, so clearly popular. So would I go back? Yes, for a similar price. .....if only though one could have a prior view of the type of waste plumbing arrangements in hotel bathrooms then one might know which to avoid or be prepared for.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank ooDormouseoo
Izmir, Turkey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2009

This hotel offers basic accomodation, with ok service. The rooms are simple, but there is TV, minibar etc. Beds were not comfortable. I was given a twin room, with a quite small and uncomfy bed. In bathroom there was "one-washes-all" kind of soap, and nothing else. I asked for iron & ironboard, and the ironboard was broken. The breakfast was ok. the location is not great, it is far from Frankfurt. But Hoscht village is also quite charming, and we found a very nice restaurant in a walking distance.

• Liked — I think hard but cannot find any
  • Disliked — Beds
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
H4 Hotel Frankfurt-Messe
Lindner Hotel & Sports Academy
Lindner Hotel & Sports Academy
#107 of 267 in Frankfurt
Dorint Main Taunus Zentrum
#1 of 1 in Sulzbach (Taunus)
Niederrad
NH Frankfurt Niederrad
NH Frankfurt Niederrad
#29 of 267 in Frankfurt
Parkside-Hotel
#188 of 267 in Frankfurt

Been to Lindner Congress Hotel Frankfurt? Share your experiences!