“Good hotel - good location but I wasn't blown away”
Review of Jumeirah Frankfurt

Jumeirah Frankfurt
Ranked #3 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
London
“Good hotel - good location but I wasn't blown away”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

This hotel only just appeared in my company's 'preferred supplier' list so thought I would give it a go - tempted by the website photos and the fact that it was a Jumeirah hotel - having just come back from Dubai I had high (probably too high) expectations.

My colleague and I were greeted by friendly staff and given peppermint tea whilst we were checking in. The reception area also houses the bar - which got quite lively in the evening.

My room was on the 19th floor and did have a super view over Frankfurt. The best thing about the room was the bathroom, it had a huge bath and big rainforest shower. The bathroom was split by a glass wall which then made the room look even bigger.

Everything in the room was operated by touch screen controls which was sort of cool! The bed was very comfortable - I slept really well. I asked for a wake up call though and didn't get one...

There are not any free hot drink facilities in the room - the coffee from the coffee machine cost something like 4 Euros which I thought was pretty pricey. There's lots of nice toiletries, a hair dryer - although annoyingly one of those ones which you have to keep your finger on the on button all the time, a safe, slippers, bathrobes etc. The room is of modern design.

Breakfast is served on the first floor - the breakfast room is very nice with all food cooked in an open plan kitchen that you can see. It is very expensive - it would be more or less impossible to eat 25 Euros of food which is what the buffet costs - there's lots of choice though. However, my colleague had the eggs benedict and one of the waitresses asked whether she would also want something from the buffet, my colleague said maybe a slice of toast - when the bill came my colleague was charged 25 euros for the buffet (i.e. a slice of toast) plus the extra for the eggs - which I thought was very cheeky!

There is a Fitness First gym attached to the hotel which is free of charge to customers - it's a very good gym, really big, full of machines and weights. Free water and towels are given to the hotel customers in a little room just to the side of the gym.

All in all the hotel is fine, I wouldn't really complain, it was clean, fairly efficient, comfortable etc but there was just something missing for me, it almost feels like it was a new hotel and they are still some bits they need to sort out - although judging by the other views about this hotel I may be in the minority! But I will probably try somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Get as high as possible to take advantage of the views
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TerriLondon
JumeirahFrankfurt, General Manager at Jumeirah Frankfurt, responded to this review, 23 January 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your honest feedback. We take the comments of all our guests very seriously and I am grateful that you share with us your opinion. Please accpet my apologies for not having had your wake up call. I will discuss this with our Front Office Manager to ensure that this will not happen again. Also your feedback about the buffet charges will be shared with the team, to ensure efficient service to all our guests in future. We thank you for being our guest and I hope to welcoming you back very soon again in the not too distant future.

Sincerely Yours,
Dagmar Woodward

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
switzerland
Reviewed 18 January 2012

The hotel is in the middle of the financial district. Service was excellent and the view over the city is amazing. Room design is very modern

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
JumeirahFrankfurt, General Manager at Jumeirah Frankfurt, responded to this review, 19 January 2012
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your kind words in regards to your recent stay at Jumeirah Frankfurt. We are very happy that you enjoyed the facililities and that everything was to your entire satisfaction. Thank you for being our guest and we are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon again.

Best regards
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 7 January 2012

The room was fantastic as expected of a modern 5 star hotel. My room had all the modern amenities that made my stay enjoyable. Wi fi is free and helps getting work done. The business center is modern and well equipped and I was able to get a lot of work done. The metro is a short distance away. I enjoyed shopping at the Zeil shopping street a few minutes away.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank lhreye
JumeirahFrankfurt, General Manager at Jumeirah Frankfurt, responded to this review, 9 January 2012
Dear Guest,

thank you for your very kind words in regards to your recent stay at Jumeirah Frankfurt. It is always nice to hear positive feedback from our guests. We hope that this will not be the last time, that you have visited us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Jumeirah Frankfurt in the not too distant future.

With best regards,
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 January 2012

This hotel is not only beautiful but location is great, service is wonderful and the technology is surprising- you don't slide your key and the elevator is managed by your fingertips. Loved staying here. Lounge bar is great too!

Room is one of the best, bed is VERY comfortable and bathroom is great-

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your nice words on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that everything was to your satisfaction. Thank you for being our guest and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Jumeirah Frankfurt very soon again.

Sincerey Yours,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I've just returned back from a fantastic weekend visiting Frankfurt Christmas Market.

My husband planned the trip as a surprise and knowing their was a Jumeirah Hotel newly opened in Frankfurt, this was the obvious choice, being seasoned Jumeirah visitors.

The hotel is fantastic (would we really expect anything else from Jumeirah).

The hotel is in a perfect location (and especially so if you are planning a trip for the Christmas Market). It is modern, with the trademark style and glitz you would expect. The rooms are faultless, oversize bathrooms with lots of gadgets and gizmo's.....electric curtains and sun blinds, Bose speaker system, LED TV's, automated night lights, cappuccino machine...there is even a door bell!

I would definitely recommend this hotel for business and leisure travellers alike.

My thanks go to Sarah who worked on the reception desk, for her help and suggestions with evening entertainment and general advice for shopping tips and Christmas Market suggestions...she is a credit to Jumeirah.

I have recently heard the Jumeirah will soon be managing a hotel in Rome - super, another destination to visit next year....as we are already booked for Dar Al Masyaf (Dubai) in August and we are mid-planning for the new Jumeirah Hotel that opens in Mallorca in the spring!

Try Jumeirah Frankfurt, you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: Request a high floor, we were on 22nd floor and the view was amazing and join Sirius reward scheme...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
JumeirahFrankfurt, General Manager at Jumeirah Frankfurt, responded to this review, 8 February 2013
Dear Guest,
thank you for taking your time to write to us following your recent stay at Jumeirah Frankfurt. We are pleased to know, that you had a fantastic stay with us. Rest assured that your comments will be pass on to all those, who contributed to making your stay a more comfortable one, especially to Sarah at the Reception. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon again.

Kind regards