Book In Advance
In high demand - travellers recommend booking ahead!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from US$92.90
from US$122.30
from US$264.70
More Info
All reviews during intermission james bar english language jekyll and hyde european continent cozy atmosphere actors production acting play musical stage audience rows interval ensemble life
Reviewed 16 December 2017

I can't say enough great things about the performance of Jekyll & Hyde. I just don't know where to begin. The acting and singing far exceeded my expectations for this small theatre. The lead actor going back and forth in one song from character to character was phenomenal. I have no idea how he has the energy for this performance. This is such a lovely venue too. I went ahead of time and had a glass of wine in the bar with nice music in the background. Please support this theatre and the actors by attending a performance here. Thank you to everyone at the theatre for providing me with such outstanding entertainment whilst my husband attended a work event in Frankfurt!!

2  Thank kpgclark
Reviewed 16 December 2017

We visited "Jekyll and Hyde" at the English Theatre in Frankfurt. The performance was far better than we have expected and the theatre itself was great as well. Thanks for a great evening!

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Jekyll & Hydea at the English Theatre in Frankfurt not to be missed. Drama, music, comedy and fantastic solo and ensemble singing. Not to be missed, full house and standing ovation on night we went.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Frankfurt’s English Theatre was founded in 1979 by Kevin Oakes from South Africa and Jon Johnson, Mary Jackson and Ken Elrod from the United States. Kevin Oakes became the theatre’s artistic director.

In 203, it moved into its current state-of-the-art, 300-seat home, sponsored by the Dresdner Bank. The theatre is now the largest English-language theatre on the European continent. We took in their production of Pygmalion with a minimalist set and good acting. The audience was young and, of course, they all spoke German. Interesting to see such interest in an English play. The lounge where one could get a drink was cool with neat vibes. Looking at the list of their previous productions you can’t help but feel impressed.

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

For the music lovers, they have great shows! We watched Dr. Jekyll and Hyde, very emotional and impressive! My friend and I both love it! It's relatively a small theater but with cozy atmosphere. No super fancy settings or stage, but the actors were excellent! Some of them even played instruments themselves. Great show, good place to visit!