“Wet pants and decent foods”
Review of Montgomery Champs

Montgomery Champs
Ranked #793 of 4,172 Restaurants in Hamburg
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was with a large business group here to eat and it was a night to remember.

We arrived at 19 and the starters came out. Nachos. The dips were ok, but the cheese was very hard and not stringy.

I ordered a large beer and after about drinking from it 3-4 times, the bottom came off!! The beer went everywhere on me and the table. A waitress came to mop it up, but I had to ask for paper to wipe myself down and apart from a quick “sorry” she didn’t seem very concerned. I will add a photo of the bottom piece of the glass.

So, pants and shirt full of beer, we waited 1 1/2 hour before our main course showed up. Steaks. They were ordered medium and were quite ok. Nothing spectacular, but finely seared. The cut was not the best though.

I did not wait around for the dessert, as I felt rather uncomfortable in beer soaked clothes and left after the main course. I don’t know if I’ll visit again, as Hamburg has much better steakhouses out there, but the faulty glass made sure I’ll never forget my visit.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Nice place to go out for dinner. Laid back atmosphere and good food and ditto service. Great ribs and burgers and nice selection of beers and wines.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

If you like ribs this is your place! The best ones in Hamburg! If you are vegetarian like me ask for the starter plate for two persons. Really good! Normally you need a reservation for this place if you go at the weekends.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Great food, great service good value! No trip to hamburg will be complete without a visit to Champs.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

The place is very simple but warm
One of the best main courses is spareribs
Their hamburgers are middle degree..

Date of visit: January 2017