We decided to splurge a little since we were towards the end of our two week trip around Germany and this was by far the best meal I've had in Germany! The following enhanced our experience there:
1. A friendly greeting and handshake at the door by a very charming waiter made us feel like we were being warmly invited into a friend's home;
2. The lovely brick walls and wax candle reminded me of a cosy restaurant in Spain, or Italy, or Portugal;
3. Fresh bread served with a garlic sauce I could not get enough of;
4. Delicious shrimp being served with flames of fire (yes I like these little fun tricks);
5. Amazing live music - just a man with a fantastically deep and melodious voice with his guitar;
6. The lack of a menu raised my sense of curiosity and consequently my expectations for the meal; and
7. To top it all off, the rose that was presented as we left the restaurant.
It cost approximately €60 per pax for a three course meal (sharing a bottle of white wine). Not the cheapest restaurant, but worth every cent!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.