“Good location and nice room”
Review of ARCOTEL Rubin

ARCOTEL Rubin
Ranked #61 of 322 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed 18 December 2017

Stayed two nights in december. Very nice hotel and nice location.
They also have smoking rooms, which is also very good for a smoker like me.
Rooms are spacious and also breakfast was good.
The underground parking is small and can be problem for bigger size cars.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
ARCOTEL_Rubin_HH, Manager at ARCOTEL Rubin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest,
we thank you for your positive rating and your feedback.
We are thrilled to read that you have had such a comfortable and satisfying stay with us! We agree with you, the underground car park is narrow. Therefore, we would be glad to help you with our parking service at the entrance and exit. Just contact our Front Desk.
We would love to see you soon once again!
Best wishes from snowy Hamburg,

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

I have just stayed for a 2 night stay here. When I first arrived on Friday evening I walked From the main station( about
10 minute walk). I felt very unsafe there was a lot of dodgy people around. After checking in I went up to my room and wasn't overly happy as had asked for a bath and didn't have one and also a room on a lower floor. The view was of the main road. The bathroom seemed very tired and wasn't equipped with any shower gels only hand wash. The bed was 2 singles together but looked fine. I went to the bar which was very stylish and was happy with the drink selection. I found the service to be very slow and I didn't get given the nibbles to go with my drink and had to ask for it where as I saw other tables were being attended to much quicker. The wine was very good a riesling white wine. The bed was comfortable and pillows. I did ask reception to change rooms for a bath and then did accommodate this for my second night which was much better and I even got bath robes and the room was a better room with shower gels and all as well. I liked the saunas and spa area on the 7th floor with a lovely view. I had the breakFast on my second morning it was a good selection of food. I however found the scrambled eggs to be over cooked though but the bread selection was extensive and very fresh and the selection of cheese and Meats was very good. Although for 19 euros I would expect smoked salmon, different styles of eggs and pancakes or something similar. I am not sure I would stay here again. Location wise there is a U bahn station 30 seconds or so from the hotel which is very handy as didn't like the idea of walking right to the Rathaus. I used the station to get around. It is quite good
Location for the Christmas markets and Rathaus but for st Pauli and night life it was not so good but I didn't visit the reeperbahn this trip.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

Dear guest,
thank you very much for the review of your stay in our hotel. We are flattered that you took a moment to let us know about your experience at ARCOTEL Rubin.
We appreciate your compliments of our breakfast and location, however, we only wish your entire stay had been seamless. It is disconcerting that the bathroom was not fully equipped and that your experience at our crystal bar was less than sincere. We would like to apologize for these negative experiences. Regarding the salmon at breakast, we do offer fresh salmon and egg plates - just ask our staff the next time your are visiting.

We hope to welcome you back to redefine your experience!
Best wishes from snowy Hamburg,

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Just returned from staying at this lovely hotel for 4nights. Easily accessible from airport via train and a short walk from train station to hotel. Good public transport links for getting around.
The hotel is just lovely, very smart, spotlessly clean, spacious and has just everything you need.
We booked a comfort room. I think the rooms are pretty much the same it's just the extras you get if you book superior room. Comfort room is absolutely fine, didn't have a kettle but I ask for one and they kindly gave me one for no extra charge. Bed was really comfy and linen was good quality, the duvet was a bit thin compared to what I have at home but I was warm enough. Good mini bar, well stocked but expensive. We just went over to Lidl and got bottled water and milk from there for our morning cuppa!
Breakfast was excellent, such a huge selection and all dietary requirements are catered for. The restaurant staff work very hard to keep everything running smoothly. Cereals, fruit, yoghurts, cooked breakfast, cold breakfast, it just goes on and on, really top class.
The public areas are spacious and comfortable. The bar is very welcoming and staff make lovely cocktails.
Wifi is fast and efficient everywhere. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and thank all the staff for a lovely stay.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
we sincerely thank you for your great rating and your kind feedback! Our staff is always striving to give the best service possible and therefore, we are very happy to get a positive review like yours. We are very glad to read that you were fully satisfied with your stay and that you loved our breakfast and crystal bar!
We cannot wait to welcome you again one day! Best wishes from snowy Hamburg,

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Been in Hamburg many times, but this time just one day, and we were looking for a good deal. Hotel.com had this hotel for 90 Euro - almost half price. Very nice hotel, beautiful rooms, nice colors, and friendly staff. We had 2 dogs with us, and paid 10 Euro per. dog.

Room Tip: Get up as high as possible for quietness.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
ARCOTEL_Rubin_HH, Manager at ARCOTEL Rubin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Dear guest,
we thank you for your positive rating and your stay at ARCOTEL Rubin Hamburg. We are glad to read that you and your dogs have had a lovely stay with us and we would love to welcome you back one day! Best wishes, the ARCOTEL Rubin Hamburg team

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Only great things to say about our recent stay at Arcotel Rubin. We arrived early and did pre-check, and were able to leave our luggage at the hotel and explore the city - mostly on foot, since the hotel is walking distance from a lot of attractions. We enjoyed the stroll on the banks of the lake/see and proceeded to reach Kunsthalle as well. When came back, the hotel room was ready - everything was clean and in top shape. The hotel is very contemporary, both the rooms and the common areas. The room was comfortable and quiet. Breakfast area was very neat, and the choices for breakfast were plenty to satisfy any taste or desire. The hotel is located in the area with a lot of Middle Eastern and Turkish population, with the great deal of choices of the regional food. It is about 8-10 walking to the Hbf Central Station, and there is a metro station about 5 mins away. Would definitely recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple