US$106
US$218
US$183
Sofitel
  • Pool
NH Hamburg Altona(Hamburg)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$83
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$97/night.

US$111
ARCOTEL Rubin(Hamburg)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$86
  • Restaurant
Apartment-Hotel Hamburg Mitte(Hamburg)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$255
US$131
TripAdvisor
1,198 results
All reviewstower barnewer partbeautiful view of the harbornew wingfish markethotel is locatedideal locationunderground stationbars and restaurantssmall roomrooms are niceenjoyed my staybusiness tripcity centrebreakfast roomlandungsbruckenelbe
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

I booked Hotel Hafen Hamburg for my Christmas trip this year. Good reputation and located perfectly at the harbour.

The hotel is a bit old fashioned in style but with nice details and in good condition. First look is really good and over all a pleasant place to stay.

Unfortunately I booked the simplest double room because I don't spend much time in the hotel itself. I need a clean room, good bed and a hotel located near the city centre. This I got! What I got with the "Nautic" class in addition is a room directly opposite to the public toilets of the hotel in a floor that smells. There is always someone in front of your door talking. And that's not all. Every single subway that is driving through you can feel and hear from your bed. As well as the TV and talking of your neighbours. You have no ventilation in your room resulting in a room too warm or too cold. The first day housekeeping did not do our room. I think they just forgot to check the rooms in the basement. So if you want to stay at Hotel Hafen Hamburg do not book this room type!

The hotel is offering a public underground garage. 18.00 € is a normal price for a city. Unfortunately if you leave the garage and come back later with the car you pay again, because the 18.00 € are for 7h to 24h and every time you drive out after 7h you pay again the full amount as soon as you come back. I recommend leaving the car on a public parking place in front of the hotel or nearby. They are free. Just don't leave anything valuable inside, because remember you are near the harbour and Reeperbahn. But the region is safe don't worry.

After all the staff is friendly and motivated. I needed to iron my shirts and got the equipment within 5 min. I asked for some vine glasses to have a drink in my room and it was no problem. I even got some hairspray for my girlfriend from the personal stuff of the woman at the reception. If it wasn't for these things I would rate the hotel with less then 3 stars.

Do I recommend the hotel? If you get a cheap or special rate and don't book the Nautic room class, yes.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Stephan S, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Hotel Hafen Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Dear guest,

thank you for taking time to give as a feedback.

We are verry sorry to here from you that you are not so happy with our Nautik category. For your next booking please contact as that we can find the perfect category for you.

We hope to see you again as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely

Stephan Schober

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

The hotel was nice and very clean . The receptionist was super helpful even though I had a little problem with my booking , it was sorted out immediately.
The view from my room on the 9 th floorwas awesome and amazing. I would most definitely stay there again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Kar S

Dear guest,

thank you for taking time to give us such a great feedback.

We hope to see you again as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely

Stephan Schober

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel is stunning and staff are very friendly . Close to the city . We got a train 12 euro and that was all day pass . It is 3 stops on the train and 10 minutes. The bar at the top of the hotel has stunning views and fantastic cocktails

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Called a 4-star hotel but simply a well located budget hotel in a good location. The room was clean but very small. The bathroom is the smallest I have ever seen.
Good view on the port if you get the right room. Can be quite noisy.
The breakfast is overpriced so I skipped it. Very friendly service.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2017

I have stayed at the Hafen Hotel twice now and can definitely recommend the newly build wing of the Hotel. It is a day and night comparison to the old part of the Hotel, were charming just stands for old and in desperate need of renovation. The newer part is perfect for a business trip and I would definitely stay again. Although there is some strong competition in the near vicinity.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business