US$122
  • Bar/Lounge
NH Hamburg Altona(Hamburg)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$113
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$131/night.

US$143
US$133
Hotels.com
Apartment-Hotel Hamburg Mitte(Hamburg)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$79
Priceline
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

Although a convenient location, I do not recommend to stay here. Staff don't speak English and are unfriendly, rooms smell like smoke, booked a double bed which were twin beds next to each other, and despite pictures on the website there is NO breakfast buffet, which is rather misleading and staff reacted ignorant when I told them. Last, it is too expensive for what you get. Bad value for money.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2015

This hotel is the worst hotel I have visited.
Room was terrible and had a bad odour and was totaly in need of renovation.
Staff dont speak any english, and room rate for this standard hotel is absurd.
If possible don´t visit this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 January 2015 via mobile

Just returned from a two night stay at this hotel. After reading the reviews we travelled with an open mind as it was New Year's Eve and having booked last minute this hotel was one of the few with vacancies.
Firstly, the positives. The location is central and within walking distance from the hauptbahnhof. There is a U-Bahn right outside the door too. There is also a supermarket over the road should you need any supplies. Unfortunately those are the only positives.
On the down side- the room was fairly dirty. The curtains didnt cover the window and the hotel sign was right outside. The TV did not turn on. The shower was okay, but the shower head was dirty and the shower itself was hanging off the wall. There was no drainage so the bathroom flooded with each shower. The toilet also didn't filter properly. The rooms are also quite noisey and reception staff are unhelpful.
The worst part of my stay was the price. We paid EURO 298 for two nights in what isn't even a basic and clean motel. I booked online, and when I arrived they tried taking the payment again with no explanation. After speaking to the booking company (who rang the hotel) the manager came to my door. He was very rude and informed me it was a preauthorisation and I had only been charged once. I am still monitoring my account to make sure this is correct.
I never usually pay attention to negative reviews as I like to decide for myself. However, if you are looking for a cheap night in Hamburg please read the reviews and don't go here. Hamburg itself is a fab city and there are plenty of cheap hotels and hostels with better reputations than this. Avoid.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2014

If you can slightly increase your budget, avoid it. The hotel is in a shady area and the characters frequenting the area also has a grey touch to it.
The managers failed miserably in communication even the basics. There was too much of noise from the room heater.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rajarshi16
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Well where do I start with this hotel. We went to Hamburg for a night away and thought we would book something cheap and cheerful as we wouldnt be in the room much. I have no problem with the room being small or it being a 2 star hotel, but you still expect a certain standard. The main two things being cleanliness and hot water. I was in the shower not even 10 minutes and the hot water ran out, it went absolutely freezing in the middle of me washing my hair. Not a nice experience on a cold evening! We later discovered that they had turned the boiler right down to obviously save money. But as a hotel, hot water is surely a given? The room smelt weird, like smokey/musty and the shower head was in serious need of a clean. The room looked like it needed a decent clean and the tv was really old. We had requested a double room but when we arrived we were in a twin room. We asked reception about a double but they said if we wanted a double we should push the beds together. Well surely its their job too, not ours. It made for an uncomfortable nights sleep. The other main issue is the location, its in downtown Hamburg where the streets are full of rubbish, beggers and prostitutes. I would not have wanted to walk along there on my own. Im not a snob, but i expext a standard in any hotel, regardless of the star rating. I strongly recommend you do not stay here. We made the mistake of not following the reviews and thought we would find out for ourselves because we wanted to save money. But even we were shocked. Stay somewhere else!

• Stayed: September 2013