1,960 results
All reviews great location open plan bathroom modern hotel europa passage central station superior room excellent hotel rain shower walking distance comfortable bed coffee machine business trip great room room was large stayed one night reception staff alster lake
Reviewed 14 August 2018

Excellent location near the Hauptbahnhof (Central train station), department stores, cafes and restaurants. Superb front office - thank you to all but especially Manh Dat Le who has great people skills and the pony tailed Spanish amazon warrior with her hands on approach! Good sized room. Very nicely decorated with old Hamburg photos. The shower was very spacious. Housekeeping was a one star. Room was not very clean when we arrived and didn't get any cleaner during our stay with dust/dirt on the furniture and floor. Housekeeping had to be prompted everyday to resupply bathroom/coffee amenities. Not befitting of a four star hotel. On the positive side the housekeeping staff who brought us the missing supplies in the evenings was extremely cheerful and put is in a good mood! :) For hotel management: One thing missing for your hotel is a center piece piece of art at the entrance. Something big, something Spanish, something to make Hamburg and visitors of Hamburg want to come and see...

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
BarceloHamburg, Deputy Manager at Barcelo Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear Guest,

I would like to take the chance to thank you for choosing the Barceló when visiting Hamburg and for taking your time writing a review about your experience with us.

I am very happy to read that you had so many positive encounters with our team, we are very proud of their energy and helpfulness with the guests and inside the team itself. We are defenitely going to forward your comments and congratulate the mentioned staff members, thank you!

As for the housekeeping, I would like to give my most sincere apologies for not being able to reach your expectations and for the negative experience at the room. Unfortunately, it is true that we had some issues with our housekeeping personal last week, as we had several very last minute sick leaves that we couldn´t replace so easily, and resulted on probably a more rushed service. Please be guaranteed that this is not our standard as we take great care about the cleanliness of our rooms and public areas.

Thank you again for your time and dedication. We would love to welcome you back at the Barceló Hamburg Hotel for a better experience with us and our housekeeping services.

Remaining at your disposal.

With kindest regards,

Carlene García
Deputy Manager

Reviewed 13 August 2018

I've enjoyed my stay very much and was positively surprised by many aspects. The room was very large, modern and the bed simply massive. The staff were all very friendly and the breakfast buffet exceeded my expectations in regards to variety and quality. The location is also perfect, being close to Hauptbahnhof (Main Station) and subway stations. Shopping areas as well as the Alster are just a stone's throw away. Will definitely use again!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Unique hotel, in a perfect location to visit the city center (just a few minutes walking to the rathause). We were welcomed with great kindness and every small problem was solved quickly. Good axperience, I would recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

The rooms are very spacious and modern. You have all the amenities you need for your stay. The location is excellent, few minutes from the station/tube, right by the city centre and just a small block from the lake and canals. Absolutely great value! Only small negatives, the lack of a proper gym and the “small” curtains/blinds in the room, can’t back-out since pulling one side open the other end!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Just a quick note of my excellent experience at Barcelo Hamburg after I arrived unexpectedly and unwell off a flight. There was no room immediately available but they provided me with a comfortable room to sit in and cups of tea until a room was ready, along with lots of offers of help which thankfully I didn't need. I felt safe and well looked after in what could have been a very stressful situation. Once I had a few hours to perk up, I enjoyed the comfortable, bright and tranquil room with its sleep inducing bed and splendiforous shower and went for a wander by the water nearby. Highly recommended and looking forward to another visit.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo