“Good coffee and nice staff”
Review of the coffee shop

the coffee shop
Ranked #18 of 124 Coffee & Tea in Hamburg
Reviewed 21 October 2015 via mobile

The Caffè latte and raspberry chocolate cake are great! So as the berries juice. Located in a prime location with a good views of the river in Hamburg.

Reviewed 30 September 2015

We stopped in for a light lunch with 2 kids (6,10) there weren't lots of options, and service was a bit on the slow side, but then, everything we ate was delicious and even our very fussy eater ate the whole bagel.
Very recommended, just watch out for the stairs...

1  Thank Orli-Hidai
Reviewed 21 September 2015

First of all, the view is great. The Coffee Shop is located upstairs and has a wonderful view of the canal below. It is a rather scenic experience to sit by the windows and enjoy a coffee. If you are looking for a quiet corner to enjoy a coffee in the midst of this bustling shopping street, The Coffee Shop is a place to go.

That being said, I've been having a really hard time figuring out whether to give The Coffee Shop 3 or 5 stars so I've given them 4 and will explain my dilemma:

As a breakfast establishment, I wasn't particularly blown away by my experience at The Coffee Shop.

The coffee didn't blow me away and I couldn't even bring myself to finish my lox bagel. Additionally, I've never had particularly positive interaction with the baristas. Sometimes I get the feeling that this is a place that knows it will get customers from the corporate offices and mainstream shops that surround it so it doesn't even try.

However, as a place to get work done, it's hard to find a better spot! They have free wifi, loose teas (they don't have the most extensive selection, but a decent decaffinated tea is very important to me when working in the afternoon!), and plenty of table space to setup a laptop etc. There are even some couches upstairs if you want to curl up with a book! It can get a bit loud from time to time depending on who is currently in the shop, but I had very little problems using earbuds and they do have some nice background music playing.

Ultimately, I would recommend The Coffee Shop if you are looking for a place to escape for a hot beverage in the middle of the Innenstadt and maybe even get work done; however, I wouldn't add it to any "must do" lists. As a breakfast location, The Coffee Shop is totally skippable!

Reviewed 12 August 2015 via mobile

I got the double latte which is two shots of espresso instead of one. The coffee was really good but the location and the view is amazing. They have multiple settings and all have great views

Also got the blueberry muffin which was also good. They had other choices which looked good

Reviewed 23 June 2015

We had a really great coffee at the Coffee Shop today. I'd recommend the 'double' cappuccino - two shots instead of one. The coffee was well made and had a great taste. It was not bitter at all, which is great for a double shot coffee. The cafe itself is fantastic - it's located on the second floor of a building and has an unusual layout of couches and tables overlooking the little canal across the road - a lovely place to sit for an hour.