1,674 results
All reviews nautical theme vinyl room hafen city bluetooth speaker shipping containers record room free bikes cool decor table football fun hotel cruise terminal first floor harbour view funky hotel business trip would highly recommend this hotel loved this hotel
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

It is not the first time that I stayed at the hotel. Today at breakfast, there was only another guest eating, I entered and the lady who checks the room numbers saw me but just went on with her chores. I seated myself and started my breakfast and I got up to take something from the buffet and I took my napkin instead of a plate to the buffet. The lady saw me and accused me of having taken a napkin of another table. When telling her that I had used the one assigned to my place, she said “you are the only here “. When I told her there had been some guest but had already left, she replied “I know him since a long time “. Being bluntly and wrongly accused is not nice but even if I did take it, we are talking about a paper napkin....I could go on but I leave it for now.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
25HoursHafencity, Manager at 25hours Hotel HafenCity, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Moin Moin Christine S

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

First off, we’re glad to hear to have you back as a return guest. We would however like to apologize for the unfortunate incident you experienced at breakfast. This is of course not something we expect from our crew. It’s important that our guests start their day right. We’re sorry that we didn’t make this possible for you on this specific occasion. Something may have gotten lost in translation.

We will forward your feedback to our Food & Beverage Crew for an internal review.

Nevertheless, we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

You cannot fault the 25hour guys for not trying hard to entertain you, and they've put on another decent show here. It's a four-minute walk to the nearest U-Bahnhof (Überseequartier), or it's 25 minutes to walk to the Hamburg Hauptbahnhof. The waterfront location doesn't exactly scream vibrant. While interesting architecturally amidst contemporary buildings galore and vintage warehouses, there's still not sufficient shops and pedestrian street activity for the gentrifying neighbourhood to not feel somewhat desolate. There are nearby grocery stores, but not many cheap eateries, for self-catering options, if one feels that dining at the hotel, while quite competent (especially great breakfasts), may be a tad too pricey. On the other hand, the trendy bar serves nice drinks in a popular atmosphere that seems to attract some locals as well. As in other 25hour properties, the emphasis here is on fun, particularly for globetrotting hipsters with money and who aren't exactly comfortable with the conventional bourgeois lifestyle of adulthood. Ironically appointed with shag carpeting and 70s modern furniture, my large room feels like a cool older-brother's bachelor pad, with a small but well-curated selection of LPs and VHS tapes, just to impress all the chicks who would come in and out at a frantic pace. Come to think of it, the entire hotel feels like an upscale love shack, with plenty of sofas in public spaces to hang out and glance at the generous visual stimuli (many of which is for sale, of course). There are meeting and working areas for self-styled creative types. There are also so many stacks of yummy magazines abound that leaving the premises would be difficult, if you're not focused. In addition to pop culture worship and cleverness exercises, there are also plenty of nods here to Hamburg's nautical heritage in the rooms and in the common spaces. Think shipping containers, crates, steamer trunks, rope ladders, sailor tattoo motifs, globes, distressed-finish furniture, and photographs of longshoremen. The basement public washrooms feel like the bowels of a freighter. The only hiccup during my stay was that I couldn't get the Bluetooth speakers to work properly on the beautifully hacked, vintage hi-fi console, even though the front desk did send someone up to try to fix them (twice, albeit unsuccessfully... in the end, the management just sent up a conventional JBL Bluetooth portable speaker). I had a nice double bed that wasn't just two mattresses squished together, as often the case in Germany. The youngish staff, especially at the front desk, is cheerfully welcoming and hot. As expected, the hotel certainly delivers on the basics: cleanliness, competent housekeeping, friendly and helpful staff, adequate room temperature control, sufficient supply of towels (as for towel size variation... well, this is a German-speaking country after all), good water pressure and water temperature controls in the bathroom, customisable varied lighting schemes, enough outlets to charge your piles of junk, and adequate toilet pressure. If clueless Instagrammers don't bother you all that much, this just may be the right place to hang your fedora for the night.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
25HoursHafencity, Manager at 25hours Hotel HafenCity, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Moin Moin Bcbloke

Thanks for the detailed review and for taking the time to share it with us.

We’re glad to learn that we entertained, excited and for some parts still managed to surprise such a global nomad. We hope that your travels take you to one of our other fantastic destinations!

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

My second visit to this hotel. The staff are first class. They make everyone feel so relaxed and welcome. You definitely won't leave this place without a smile. Excellent quality food and service. The facilities are superb. Every detail has been thought through.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Ahoi The original screen Name

Thanks for taking the time to share such a wonderful review.

Great to hear you had an excellent time with us and look forward to your future stays.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

I really love this hotel! It was my first time in Hamburg and i loved how everything melt in.
Very nice room, always clean and refreshed on time.
The staff members are very friendly!
The best part about this hotel is the food, amazing choice of continental breakfast!
Will deff come again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
25HoursHafencity, Manager at 25hours Hotel HafenCity, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Ahoy Vadnan

Many thanks for the excellent rating!

Great to hear you had a fantastic time on board and that you were blown away by our breakfast.

We’ll take your word for it and look forward to your future stay.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

I question shag carpet in a hotel room, but I managed to look past it. The brown tiles/floor/accents are somewhat nautical and somewhat 1970s (and not it a good way) and that was harder to look past. The upscale finishes are very nice though and the staff is excellent, as is typical for 25Hours. I had two issues with this hotel, there is a MAJOR construction project going on across the street...not a building under construction, but an entire neighborhood being built. This is loud and construction starts at 7am. I'm sure this will be over in a few years and the problem will resolve, but for now, be warned if you are not an early riser. Also, the shower water squeaks! I swear, this is a real problem. If you twist the shower handle a bit, the loud squeak will stop, but the people above me, below me, and to the sides of me, didn't seem to be able to get their squeal to stop. I had to put a towel in front of my bathroom door to try and dull the screech. Breakfast, as expected, was fantastic. The location was good, but a bit far from the subway. It was fine, but I think I would choose to try a different hotel on my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
25HoursHafencity, Manager at 25hours Hotel HafenCity, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Ahoy Wellington24

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor Community.

Great to hear you’re a big fan of 25hours and that you found several elements of our design to your liking.

The hotel is located in one of the biggest construction projects in Europe, being executed in several phases. It is unfortunate to hear that you were woken up by the construction noise as this is normally not the case with a harbor-facing room.

The feedback with regards to the location of the U-Bahn (subway), we find also to be unusual—as the station is located just in front of the hotel and can be reached within 2 minutes walk.

Nevertheless we hope to welcome you perhaps in one of our other 25hours creations!