Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$73
Expedia.comUS$73
TripadvisorUS$72
ZenHotels.com
eDreamsUS$72
PricelineUS$72
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Name of the hotel reflects totally different meaning in reality. Old rooms, furniture, bath. Shower sprinkler spreads water all around, but not on your body. No water in room, no tea pot, what is normal for Germany 4*. No iron inside. Towels are very small. Lobby staff like all being trainees. Normally they give a welcome drink voucher, knew that since stayed there before several times. This time just even didn't mention that. I had to ask myself for that voucher. So, have to say that this hotel I never again return to, thanks God new holiday inn just opened around the corner!)

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2017

6 off us booked a room after Easyjet cancelled our fight last minute. We emded up stopping 2 nights. i paid for 1 night [which i'm trying to claim abck off Easyjet] 2nd night Easyjet emailed the Hotel and agreed to pay this bill.
we confirmed with Reception that Easyjet had been in touch, they said yes.
Booked out next day. Checked at reception did we owe anything. No we were told.
Now 3 Months later the Hotel are chasing me for an unpaid bill.
I explained that we were told that it was all taken care off.
No, i'm still being chased for there own cock up!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Stephen J
Reviewed 3 September 2017

I was visiting this hotel regularly, when I lived in Hamburg. The office I worked was just across the street (Berliner Bogen), so I was happily going for a coffee or beer after work. The barman, was super friendly, multilingual and entertaining the guests. If I get the chance to visit Hamburg again, a coffee/beer in this Hotel will be in my plans.

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed 21 July 2017

Me and my girlfriend had a voucher from Bellevue in Denmark, and we had a lovely stay at the hotel. We spend a lot of time in the city, so our demands for the hotel were peace and quiet, close to U-bahn and city, nice breakfast and recreational facilities. All of those demands they met to perfection.

The staff is smiling, polite and attentive. The breakfast is very good, and gets around most of your possible desires at a breakfast buffet. They have parking facilities. They have a pool, which isn't grand in any way, but its fine for swimming a few laps, and being in the sauna is fine too. Perfect for a city vacation. The price is extremely fair, and we can only highly recommend the place. They accommodated all our demands.

Thank you very much, and we will be back, if we will stay in Hamburg again.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AmbassadorHam, General Manager at Hotel Ambassador Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear Guest,

what a nice review of your recent stay with us. We thank you and your girlfriend very much for selecting our Hotel for your visit to Hamburg. Hope to see you soon again.
Sabine Glissmann

Reviewed 28 April 2017

I stayed in a single room. It had everything I needed (besides a kettle but I knew this so had a travel kettle) Really good breakfast, good selection of hot and cold foods, cereals, meats, fresh breads, great staff on duty during this time. Staff were lovely at reception. Free wifi throughout the hotel. There were only 2 English speaking TV channels - the news - but it was grand. Even though I was facing the road there was no noise at night. There was mini bar in the room in which I stored my water and yoghurts - very handy! I stayed 4 nights and was very happy, its not pure luxery but its location to the underground and cleanliness and nice staff were what I was looking for.

(To get there : Get off the Berliner Tor stop, there are a number of exits at this station, take the one where it indicates the Altona steps. Go downstairs, turn left, you will see a big clock and steps outside. Go down the steps, turn right, go under the bridge. Follow the path - you will cross a small pedestrain crossing, then 2 larger ones - you will see a large motorbike shop so you are on the right street (that shop is called Polo I think) the hotel is shortly after the 2nd pedestrian crossing,follow the path straight and its on your right. The reason I put this detail in is I took the wrong exit from the station and got very very lost. It is literally 5-7 min walk from Berliner Tor stop)

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
AmbassadorHam, Front Office Manager at Hotel Ambassador Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Dear Guest,