All reviewsgreat locationbotanical gardenswithin walking distanceno air conditioningminute walknice saunacentral locationstreet sidecafes and restaurantsmetro stationclean bathroombreakfast is servedby footwould stay againcomfortable hotelreception staffstayed here for nights
Reviewed 31 July 2018

Quite close to everything, the pedestrian “Colonnade” street, both lakes and park, museums, restaurants, not far from rathouse & walkable to other City Centre attractions, including warehouse district. Our room had a lovely and very clean bathroom. No Air Conditioning. Rooms facing street can be loud w/open windows. 2 small lifts. Very nice breakfast with plentiful choices. We would stay again.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 27 June 2018

No AC would be acceptable, but you cannot leave the windows open because 5 balconies were all connected with very easy access into any room.
No fans supplied.
You also cannot leave the windows open when it is pouring rain!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Excellently situated just beside a metro station and pedestrian street lined by restaurants and leading to Alster-pond and Rathaus. Nicely decorated with old fashioned style. Good breakfast. Everything works well.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel is ideally located along the Esplanade.It is a 15 minute walk from the train station and in such a safe area. There is also a really great choice of cafes and restaurants nearby.
The breakfast is served from 6.30 until 10.30 which is a plus for early starters. The hotel staff were attentive and yet not intrusive. The bedroom was spacious and very peaceful with a well designed bathroom and a user friendly shower.
We stayed here for 5 nights and were so delighted that we picked this hotel over sp manyothers.
We would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Hamburg: for business or for a family holiday and indeed for people with a disability.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2018

I stayed two nights while attending a conference held at a nearby bigger, pricier hotel. Room was comfortable and clean. Staff friendly and responsive. I managed to lock myself out of my room safe and staff resolved it for me quickly. I wanted to iron clothes, they didn't supply an iron and board but for a reasonable fee I dropped things off at front desk in evening and they were delivered to me in the morning. Breakfast room was big enough to not feel crowded and food buffet supply was of a respectable variety and staff kept it replenished. By European quirks I mean thinks like massive mechanical key that you leave at desk when exiting, no iron, etc. It was a good value, and well located. Walkable to Binnenalster, and just minutes to Stephansplatz U-Bahn and Dammtor S-Bahn. My room was not a suite, but nevertheless there was good separation from the hallway door.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business