US$148
US$174
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
1,330 results
All reviewsgrand old hotelclassic hotelbeautiful hotelalster lakeroom servicenespresso machinedeluxe rooma wonderful staygreat bartrain stationbusiness triprooms are spaciousan upgradeshopping areareception areamain stationconcierge
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Spend two luxory nights on Atlantic Kempinski. Fabolous hotel high standard, really good service. We enjoyed the bar area in the evenings and especially the live music by Frank.
The Danish waiter was very professional and also entertaining.
In all a great stay.... we will be back.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2017

For a three-day/night trip to Hamburg. I thought that I would select a hotel that had not only possessed a reputation for a bit of luxury and good service (and a swimming pool) but one that's in a good location. The Hotel Atlantic Kempinski ticked all these boxes.

I was not disappointed. The hotel is luxurious and delivered great service, as one would expect from an established five-star business. The swimming pool and associated facilities proved more than adequate, and the hotel's location was indeed very convenient for the city centre, shopping area and transport links etc.

The hotel offered all the services that one would expect of a five-star establishment. Staff were attentive and polite and its restaurant and bar were top quality.

All-in-all. my stay at the Hotel Atlantic Kempinski was very enjoyable and I would certainly recommend it for a short stay in the lovely city of Hamburg.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel looks nice, although a little bit worn out and dated. Rooms are spacious, nice decor, elegant feeling.
However, I would expect more from the 5-star hotel. For example, the toilet in my room wasn’t thoroughly cleaned on the outside after what seemed as previous guest’s explosive diarrhoea. On the breakfast I got milk for my coffee in a dirty cup. And when I was checking out the man behind the counter tried to overcharge for €30! When I expressed my surprise he just said “oh yeah, you have to pay only €7”, and then surprised me once again by asking if I really way to pay such amount with a credit card - well, if I give you one, you may guess I want to. Then he proceed to check if this Gold Visa is actually mine. OK, I don’t look like millionaire, but Mark Zuckerberg neither, so have some respect for regular people.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Krzysztof R
Reviewed 22 September 2017

The hotel building is very old restored building. Very classy. The decoration fits the maritime (subtle) theme of the hotel. Most beautiful hallways I have even seen in a hotel. Elegant, luminous, great deco. The room are also very nice. High ceilings. Bathroom not too big but enough. What I really liked was the perfect service!!. I have almost forgotten how a service in a hotel should be. Attention for details, bed preparation for the night, slippers next to bed, etc. Great, it did make me "almost" fell at home. Breakfast provides the usual, very extensive offering though. Additionally you can also ask "a la carta" some of your favorite dishes.

Room Tip: I was in 344 but it did not have the view to the lake/water but it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2017

We have never stayed in a posh hotel like this before. The room was very comfortable and clean with a great bathroom. Nice location as we had to get the boat from Atlantic Pier to visit an old friend about 45 minutes away in Winderhuder. The front of house and bar staff were very friendly and polite beyond words. If the price is right we will definitely be going back. Only negative was the price of breakfast!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple