Free cancellation until 05/08
Free cancellation until 03/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$136
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$173/night.

US$139
US$91
US$108
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$124/night.

• Restaurant
All reviewsgreat locationshopping districtlobby areavery nice hotelcentral locationjunior suitebusiness tripcomfy bedwi finice barbreakfast buffetmin walkpublic transportcityalsterrathausjungfernstieg
Reviewed 1 January 2018

This hotel is the perfect location for both old and new town visiting and near Ganse Markt where there are plenty of buses f you need them. The décor in the hotel is unusual and comfortable and the bar is superb, great atmosphere and super service. For us the weak spot was the restaurant. Portions are enormous but the food is not the best in the city. Staff throughout the hotel are friendly and super helpful.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Following a cancelled flight due to the snow in the UK, we were delayed by 24 hours, and needed to book into a different hotel for the night. Thankfully we did.... or we wouldn't have experienced the Renaissance hotel. The check in process was easy, and we arrived at the hotel 45 minutes earlier than their earliest check in time, but we were allowed to check in none the less, without any drama. We stayed in room 618 on the 6th floor. The room had a very industrial chic look which I personally love. The bed was comfortable and large,and the bathroom was gorgeous. If I needed to have a slight negative comment, it would be that although there is a fridge in the room, there is no milk. There was sachet creamer, but I think small milk capsules in the fridge would be a nice touch. As I say - this is a small comment because everything else was faultless. Staff were friendly, the hotel was clean and the location is perfect for everything!

Highly recommended :-)

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2017

Even if I work in Hafancity, my best option to stay in Hamburg is the Renaissance Hotel.
Located in the city center, it's very close to many interests points of the city.
Great rooms, buffet breakfast and wonderful cocktails.
Renaissance, see you soon

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 December 2017

This hotel is ideally situated right in the city centre. The rooms are modern, well equipped and very clean and tidy. The hotel staff are excellent, extremely helpful at all times. The bar is a great place to meet or have a night cap, a really good atmosphere and again fantastic service. The hotel is really close to the main shopping centre and a lot of restaurants, etc but also with easy access to public transport to reach all the main sights and points of interest.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, rooms facing the courtyard are quieter if you want to open a window.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2017

I had a horrible experience at this location. I was in the lobby testing my camera and a hotel clerk approached me telling me that i cannot take pictures of the hotel guests and demanded that i deleted the pictures. He wanted to look at my camera and I refused because there are some personal and private pictures of my family. His attitude bordered on harassment and he even demanded my room number. His manager came over and I asked her if the hotel management would apologize if they cannot find any pictures of the guests. Finally, I let them go through the pictures and there were no illicit pictures that he accused me of. That clerk does not know that I work for US law firm that have represented the Marriott Corporation in the United States in many cases and i could have send a complaint to the corporate office.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank TTR72
MarriottHotelHH, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Hamburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear TTR72,

Thank you very much for staying with us and your detailed feedback.

Due to German data protection laws, it is not allowed to make pictures of other guests or hotel staff.
I am really sorry that there was a misunderstanding. Please accept our apology for the circumstances during your stay. It was definitively not our intention to annoying you.
Your feedback is integral to our ability to continue to improve our service.

Thank you again for your time and come visit us again soon!

Lydia Milosevic