Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$130
Hotels.comUS$130
PricelineUS$120
FindHotelUS$120
eDreamsUS$120
CheapTicketsUS$130
All reviews city centre modern rooms great hotel u bahn station recommend this hotel proximity cereal gym neighborhood euro
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 November 2020

Hamburg harbor city area is definitely worth to stay at. The HI is located at the outskirts, however, the underground stop U4 right there. In my opinion well located for sightseeing visit to the City or for business in the proximity.
Welcome with ever friendly front desk staff and full list of directions for the stay. (after I queried prior my arrival about the limitations due to COVID). I was accommodated on top floor, warm and cosy, work space appropriate although light is a bit limited for work purposes. I had dinner on the arrival day, which was convenient and sufficient from the small menu. Outside options require some 10minutes of walk around the old, new or refurbished brick stone buildings. Absolutely happy with the breakfast buffet and good spread of choices.
In a nutshell, I enjoyed the stay, short clarifications with staff, F&B services and consider the HI for future visits.

Date of stay: October 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Antonio Marra, Geschäftsführer at Holiday Inn Hamburg - HafenCity, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2020

Dear Caramellino,

Thank you so much for your fantastic comment. We are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay at Holiday Inn Hamburg HafenCity.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.

Best regards,

Anja, Mario, Antonio, Lura, Björn, Mara, Eric, Carolin......

Reviewed 1 November 2020

I stayed at this hotel for one night so I could make a short trip to Hamburg.

The check-in and check-out process was quite fast, though I got lucky, because shortly after my check-in a long queue started to appear.

Also at my check-in, which was almost at the minimum check-in time possible, there was already a breakfast slot that was fully booked. For me, this was no issue, but for people with tight schedules this may be a problem.

The room was comfortable and provided me with a good night of sleep.

The breakfast had good variety and quality, though don't know why but we were seated in a tall table, particularly uncomfortable for taking breakfast.

The major problem is the location, since it's quite far away from the rest of the city, without almost no means of transportation there.

Overall, I recommend this hotel if you go there by car and are willing to visit Hamburg with a car.

Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank Pedro R
Antonio Marra, Geschäftsführer at Holiday Inn Hamburg - HafenCity, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2020

DearPedro,

Thank you so much for your comment.

Antonio Marra

Reviewed 22 October 2020

This was my firth experience in a Holiday Inn and it was quite good.

It was a very good hotel for a short stay. We stayed for one night to enjoy the city. The room was comfortable and the staff was nice.

The only thing that was bad was breakfast, wish was a little unorganized, but we felt safe and the food was really good.

The hotel is not very close to the center, and does not have any transports nearby, but if you like to walk you can be in the center in 20 minutes or so...

If you come by car be careful because the hotel does not have a park for your car and parking in the street is paid during the week.

If I ever go back to Hamburg I will sure consider repeat this place!

Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank Beatriz C
Antonio Marra, Geschäftsführer at Holiday Inn Hamburg - HafenCity, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2020

Dear Beatriz C

Thank you for your wonderful comment. It was a pleasure serving you and making your stay comfortable.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again to Holiday Inn Hamburg HafenCity in the near future.

Best regards,

Carolin, Björn, Musti, Antonio, Steffi, Hendrik, Jana, Eric, Christopher.....

Reviewed 29 August 2020

Still not a bad hotel and the COVID measures aren't easy for everyone but:
it still does mean you can excange towels and clean rooms everyday (not having to ask for it, towel on the floor=renewal)

I have to say that the breakfast crew of this hotel is the greatest I have seen in a long time. The afternoon and dinner crew are okayish (nothing more than that). But how the breakfast crew handles everything with their COVID challenge (serve the guests on the buffet, keep smiling and remember the guest's preferences) is just great, really is.

I ate twice in the restaurant in the evening and the food is expensive and although the products are good (quality-wise) it is just not prepared so well. I had a 30 euro steak (each side is 3-4 euros extra) and it was COLD inside. The second one that came was still not 'hot' but I did not want to complain anymore and eat the steak. The steak itself was really better than average, but it was not prepared correctly. Same for the soup and other dishes I ate (the chicken was so long-cooked it chewed like cardboard and was very salty). Sorry to say. However with a little bit of effort in preparing the food a little better, they can improve this.

Despite this all the breakfasts crew makes it good for me and I still return on a (bi)weekly bases to this hotel. And I will keep doing so in the future!

Date of stay: August 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Antonio Marra, Geschäftsführer at Holiday Inn Hamburg - HafenCity, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2020

Dear MaxPeen,

Your comments give us the chance to continuously improve our service since we take constructive feedback very seriously. We will share your feedback with our team in order to provide a better experience. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused.

Kind regards,

Antonio Marra

Reviewed 24 May 2020 via mobile

This is a brand new HI, located 150m from the famous and beautiful Hambourg Speicher Stadt (UNESCO Heritage site).

This hotel is a real 4*, totally different from the older Holiday Inn standards (they were more kind of business hotels). The staff is very friendly and will help to solve amy queries on the spot.

We were set in a room on the 6th floor, their executive or club floor, albeit the room size was similar to the others (abt 18sqm) it had an in room espresso machine and some quality amenities in the bathroom.
There is a gym on the 6th floor, well equipped.

The hotel is easily reachable by car or metro with a stop just 500m away and a nice walk along the canals of the old dock town.
This neighbourhood has a modern and historical vibe, surrounded by canals and history, along the former inner city docks (Haffenstadt) you can find some cafe hosted in new or historical buildings and few but excellent restaurants too.

We had no trouble parking on the street but the hotel has an underground parking too.

We stayed 2 days and paid 100 euro per night, which was a good price considering the prime location in Haffencity and the venue qualities.
Excellent hotel, albeit not in the Altstadt, it is merely a 20mns walk away thru the most beautiful part of the town that survived the war.
Staff and venue itself are worth staying here whether you are coming for tourism or eventually business

Date of stay: May 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank FFM9
HAMHC, Manager at Holiday Inn Hamburg - HafenCity, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2020

Dear FFM9,

Thank you very much for taking the time, and for sharing your thoughts about Holiday Inn Hamburg HafenCity.

Your compliments have been very well received by all of our departments, and we fully appreciate your kind words.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and our service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future and offer you a memorable stay once more.

Kind regards,

Alina, Tünay, Jasmin, Julia, Antonio, Marius, Mirko, Franziska......