“Best place to have a steak”
Review of meatery

meatery
Ranked #34 of 4,133 Restaurants in Hamburg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: "Meat", "Eat" and "Meet" merge into [m]eatery and give the innovative steakhouse its name. Besides the best steaks in town, various tartar specialties, wonderful grilled fish and homemade burgers are also highlights that can be enjoyed. The wine card and cocktail menu are tailored to the special dishes of the [m]eatery. Our beef has several main origins. Besides the European cattle, we source the best meat from the USA, South America and other countries, like New Zealand and Ireland. The dry-aging boxes are custom made for our [m]eatery Restaurant. The European beef ages on the bone for at least six weeks. The special aging process results in extremely tender meat with a more concentrated and intense taste. During the summer the [m]eatery Hamburg hosts the [m]eat49 on the rooftop terrace - the best after work party in Hamburg!
Reviewed 21 August 2018

We went out with the lads and we had a fantastic evening with proper drinks (Thanks to the Bar!!!) and stunning steaks. The onion rings on the side the best I ever had. See you again.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

The resturant specialises in steaks- I spoke to a couple of peope who said it was the best they had eaten. I had a delicious vegaratian meal, prepared beautifully using quality ingredients.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

I allowed my 11 year old daughter to pick this steak restaurant, we weren’t disappointed. Now it is priced pretty high, I paid around €38 for my Ribeye and the same for my daughter sirloin. We ordered it medium rare and it was cooked perfectly. You will have two choices of originated beef to choose from, South American or from the USA. Both are matured for several weeks, of which you can actually see through the glass doors.
I washed it all down with a bottle of Chianti, around €40 and loved every bit of it. Desserts were a bit on the wee side, but tasty.
I put on a nice shirt, but needn’t had bothered. Dress code was very informal.
Overall spent around €150 for a nice evening and would visit here again.
The four star rating is based on the beef. If you’re going to go to all that trouble, then why not use Scottish Beef? It’s “the best”

1  Thank Law51e
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

I know Hamburg, Germany is not the place or country to find the best beef/steak.. but really was surprised this joint does it really well.. Even ordered German beef, Tbone and Ribeye. Have had enough of USA beef by the way, i mean why would you have American beef in Germany?? no point.. Must be the best steak not just in Hamburg, i even believe your better than Peter Luger of NYC. plus great great service.. BRAVO..

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We had a fantastic evening with old friends. The food was great. You should start with a tartar and then switch to the meat. We had the prime German beef and South American beef and both were fantastic. The wine selection was also really good.
Thank you meatery for a great evening.