“On the road to baltic states”

Hotel Brandenburger Tor Potsdam
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Potsdam
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Great location, friendly staff,nice hotel, wonderful breakfast, good coffee, good price, spacious and clean room, free wifi, nice city, nearby Berlin, in the main street, nice shops, we have enjoyed our stay very much

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 6 August 2017

Dear Guest,

thank you for good your review.

Fine that you enjoy your stay so much and that we have the perfact location for your city trip.

We hope to see you again.

with kind regards

Your Team of the Hotel Brandenburger Tor

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I spent 5 nights here and it was a good choice. The location is excellent, right on the main shopping street with lots of restaurants and cafes. My room looked out onto the square, but I wasn't disturbed at all by noise from outside: there seemed to be excellent double glazing. I had gone for one of the larger Residenz rooms and it was very spacious. I had a good amount of wardrobe space, a chair and stool, and a long stool along the bottom of the bed. The bathroom was lovely and all the extras were provided, like bathrobes, sewing kit, umbrellas etc.
I had a lovely big kingsize bed but it was made up in the traditional German way with two single duvets (over two single mattresses). Obviously Germans expect this but it might bother other guests - I'm not keen on it but I did know to expect it.
The breakfast is expensive at 17.50€. I ate breakfast out one day, but I realised that a few coffees and different items soon added up, so I had breakfast in the hotel on the other days. The Birchermuesli was lovely.
The town is beautiful. I had 4 full days and only just scratched the surface. If you go to Sansoussi and you want to do the Sansoussi+ ticket, which gets you into everything, then set off early, as it takes time just to get around the park. Hiring a bike would be a good idea. Sansoussi itself is closed on a Monday but the Neues Palais is closed on a Tuesday, and the Picture Gallery is closed for renovations just now.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2017

The hotel is nicely located just outside the Park of Sanssouci and along a fun shopping area. Our room was very large and nicely decorated.
We loved the vaulted ceiling and fun modern bathroom. The staff was extremely attentive. I regretted very much that we only stayed one day.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2017

This is a very nice and comfortable hotel, very clean with nice furnishings. However there is no restaurant (just a breakfast room) and the free Wi-Fi is very poor - extremely slow I could not download videos with any sort of speed.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the interior are quietest.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Was there for a business trip. Central location. Small reception. A lot of ups and downs to get to my room. Comfortable room. Clean. Very good bed. Bath room with shower cabin. Very good breakfast buffet with everything I need. Public parking across the street. I will come back.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 21 March 2017

Dear Klaus,

many thanks for your great feedback.

We're happy, that you have so a good time with us.

We hope to see you soon.

With kind regard.

Your Team of the Hotel Brandenburger Tor Potsdam

Travellers also viewed these Potsdam hotels
0.2 km away
0.2 km away
Hotel Am Luisenplatz
Hotel Am Luisenplatz
#15 of 37 in Potsdam

Been to Hotel Brandenburger Tor Potsdam? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Brandenburger Tor Potsdam

Address: Brandenburger Str. 1, 14467 Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany (Formerly Hotel am Brandenburger Tor)
Region: Germany > Brandenburg > Potsdam
Bar / Lounge Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Potsdam
Price Range: €91 - €209 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Hotel Brandenburger Tor Potsdam 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Brandenburger Tor Potsdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.