See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 December 2016

3km from Potsdam citycenter,good location,film themes as decoration,with bar and simple restaurant. Friendly service,good breakfast buffet.worth booking if you wish to visit the cultural places in Potsdam. Good bus and train connections to Berlin.

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

Having booked the wrong dates for my hotel in Potsdam, required a hotel urgently - looked on a popular hotel search engine and found Hotel Lili Marleen. Only real complaint was the high price paid for the night, for a standard room, big but nothing special - ticked all the right boxes for what I required but as I said was over priced. Friendly, welcoming, and helpful. Well situated for a few restaurants and breakfast was good. No real complaints, but next time will get my dates booked correctly !!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2016 via mobile

Nice hotel. Friendly staff. Clean rooms and very big too :) comfortable sofa. Nice breakfast. Need to walk about 10-15 min to nearest train station. Nice breakfast with great variations. Only thing reception is not working 24*7. Only from 6 to 11 pm so watch out in case you will arrive late in night.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2014

This is an old place full of film posters. Floors are worn, carpet needs to be changed. Hotel has a very basic furniture, bathrooms are very small and basic. Towels are small.
No mini bar, TV working only when the lights are on.
Brekfast is very small and modest in an old never rennovated restaurant
The worse thing about the place is the smell. The room smells very bed. All bed linnen and towels although clean have cigarettes smell. Obviously the maids are smoking in the storage areas. This is disguasting.
Although cheap this is not a place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 December 2014

Actually I was thankful that I found a hotel in this area but in fact I expected a bit more from 3 stars.
The idea of the hotel is nice, but actually this is the only thing which might be of interest as everything looks rather old, used and cheap.
The room was o.k. I had a sort of triangle window in the room where the curtains (!) didn't close and I had to create something in order to darken the room and to avoid deep insights from the house in opposite of the street. The bed was perfect - a big one for just one person can (nearly)do no wrong ;-)
The heating was not sufficient for the room - I was a bit freezing the first night. Lateron it was slightly better. The welcome was o.k. but not too warm and friendly. Inbetween I met some nicer staff as well.
Regarding service and noise it rather reminded me of a youth hostel. Even the scenery at the breakfast when you had to fight for a table or queue for your breakfast at the buffett was rather annoying to me. Too crowded for such a small place ... that's why I once simply left the breakfast room to have breakfast outside - a really good decision for me, but still annoying. The problem was that there were nearly all places occupied and all the people where pushing themselves through the narrow corridor between the buffett tables. Somewhere inbetween was the coffee machine. When I asked the waitress for a coffee she advised in a quite unfriendly way to go and get myself one at the machine which I just couldn't see earlier due to the crowds ... too much frustration for early mornings and the risk of queuing for a bad coffee (which it would have been as I noticed the day later) was too high ;-)
I would rather not recommend this place and if I do have to stay somewhere in this area next time I would try to find another place.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor and you could hear REALLY EVERYTHING from the rooms around. Actually every night I guy was snoring and I had the feeling he was in my bed - but he actually was next door.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo