“Centrally located, beautiful hotel”
Review of Hotel am Jagertor

Hotel am Jagertor
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Potsdam
Reviewed 21 October 2017

Spent 5 days in Hotel Am Jagertor for business.

What I liked:
- Centrally located! Infront of the hotel is the Jagertor (one of the towns old gates) and there were a lot of shops and restaurants in the area. Its also just a 10 minute walk to the Park Sanssouci where the palaces will take your breath away.
- Free wifi
- Really good breakfast selection. I looked forward to this every morning.
- The tea selection during breakfast was very good quality loose leaf and had variety.
- Very accommodating staff. Had several requests to get a cab, which they helped us with. BTW, we found out that theres no Uber in Potsdam, best to ask help from the hotel in getting a cab.
- Bed was comfortable.
- The room was soundproof! Couldn't hear the traffic in the streets :)
- You can rent bikes to go around town

What I didn't like:
- Saw some hairs in one of the duvet covers when I checked in. Thankfully, there were 2 duvet covers in the room, so I didn't use the dirty one. I would've given this 5 stars but because of this, gave this review 4 stars instead.

I would recommend this hotel for those staying in Potsdam.

Room Tip: Pick one that has a view of the street
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

This is a wonderful hotel with everything you would want for your stay -- cleanliness, comfort, service, location. It has a lovely feel and the staff are really helpful and nice. I booked here after a bad experience with Mercure Potsdam and am so glad to have made this choice. Walking distance from cafes and stores, public transport and located in the nice part of Potsdam, it's definitely a great choice.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Really nice hotel with everything you could need! Stayed in a standard double room which was a decent size, very clean, extremely quiet (the windows block out all street noise: my room was on the 3rd floor over the road side but I couldn't hear anything.) Location is great (lots of cafes/restaurants around) and staff very helpful. One of the nicest places I've stayed and I would definitely stay there again :)

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

This really is a beautiful hotel! The location is excellent and within walking distance of many cafés, shops, and restaurants. My bed is incredibly comfortable. I love my balcony overlooking the courtyard. All amenities are very clean, comfortable and classy!
The breakfast has a very wide selection of items and was delicious!
The hotel concierge's staff is very helpful and professional. I wish I could read it more than five stars.
I have not stayed in any other hotels in the area, however I highly recommend Hotel Am Jagertor!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank sf62223
jaegertor, Manager at Hotel am Jagertor, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

Dear guest, we thank you a lot for this wonderful assessment. We are very pleased, that you enjoied your stay, the city Potsdam and our hotel with it's stuff, the breakfast and the room!
Hoping to welcome you again soon!
Yours sincerely
R. Dabberdt

Reviewed 5 March 2017

Very well kept, small 4-star hotel at the northern edge of the centre of Potsdam within walking distance of all the attractions. Rooms are well appointed, with comfy beds and a high end, classic décor. A tasty buffet breakfast awaits in the morning. Staff is friendly and professional. A great choice if you are coming to Potsdam.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

Dear guest, we thank you very much for the time you spend in evaluate us. We are very pleased to read, that you enjoied your stay in our hotel and in Potsdam. We are glad to read, that your stay was comfortable and the breakfast buffet a good start in the day.
We are looking forward to welcome you again!
Yours sincerely