Spent 5 days in Hotel Am Jagertor for business.
What I liked:
- Centrally located! Infront of the hotel is the Jagertor (one of the towns old gates) and there were a lot of shops and restaurants in the area. Its also just a 10 minute walk to the Park Sanssouci where the palaces will take your breath away.
- Free wifi
- Really good breakfast selection. I looked forward to this every morning.
- The tea selection during breakfast was very good quality loose leaf and had variety.
- Very accommodating staff. Had several requests to get a cab, which they helped us with. BTW, we found out that theres no Uber in Potsdam, best to ask help from the hotel in getting a cab.
- Bed was comfortable.
- The room was soundproof! Couldn't hear the traffic in the streets :)
- You can rent bikes to go around town
What I didn't like:
- Saw some hairs in one of the duvet covers when I checked in. Thankfully, there were 2 duvet covers in the room, so I didn't use the dirty one. I would've given this 5 stars but because of this, gave this review 4 stars instead.
I would recommend this hotel for those staying in Potsdam.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your stylish 4-Star First-Class hotel located in the city center of Potsdam, within walking distance to the Sans Souci Castle and the Dutch Quarter, offers 62 air-conditioned rooms and junior suites with a wonderful view of the historical Hunter's Gate or of our lovely private garden. Historical architecture and modern comfort combined with sincere hospitality will make feel at home. A cosmos of experience for your sense awaits you in our Restaurant Fiore, 14 Points in the 2011 Edition of the Gault Millau culinary guide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel am Jagertor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.