All reviews quiet side street top floor secure parking enjoyed my stay first floor free wifi sofa berlin centre tram
Reviewed 26 January 2018

This hotel is quite nice, but I think it is slightly overpriced. The rooms are nice and large, plenty of space, clean and there is a reliable free WiFi service.

The double beds are wonderful, but the single beds are a little bit too small, could be a bit bigger. There is no fridge or kettle in the the hotel. That means keeping your food in the hotel has a limited shelf life. Ladies....a hair dryer is there for you. No lotions provided, please bring your own. You pay about 98 Euros per day for a single room. Other hotels in the vicinity are slightly cheaper at about 60-75 Euros with a more added value such as tea/coffee facilities in the room; small fridge in the rooms.

This Hotel is very close to the centre of town with easy connections to the public transport bus and tram systems to the main railway station, with easy connections to the Tegel and Schoenfeld Airports.

I enjoyed my stay here but could have saved a few euros of about 20-30 Euros daily at a similar hotel in the vicinity. I stayed here for eight days. I am in the habit of comparing these places wherever I have the opportunity. This was my third stay in Potsdam. So each time I have tried a different place. The staff is helpful.

Room Tip: the views are similar for most rooms
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

My family stayed here for 5 nights (Tuesday to Sunday). The hotel is actually larger than the pictures portray but that is lengthways. There are 3 storeys to the property; access to all floors by stairs or lift. There are a few steps to enter the property at the front.

The location is down a cobbled side street and backs on to a school. It is close the centre of Potsdam and local attractions, such Sans Soucci palace. There's a well stocked local ReWe supermarket about 10 mins walk away too. We found it was generally very quiet at night - a decent night's sleep. We had 3 rooms: 107 is a large comfortable room with a sofa and mini bar (to pay for but reasonably priced); 117 is a small double and 205 is on the top floor, again a large room which looks a little newer than the first floor rooms. All have TVs with a range of German channels and BBC World. Free WiFi, which worked reasonably well during our stay.

The staff were really courteous and friendly. Check in was efficient. Rooms were spotless. Breakfast excellent with a large array of things to eat and drink (served from 0630 to 1030, 7 days a week). You even get a daily smoothie made up for you!. On my wife's birthday, three members of the breakfast staff wished her a happy birthday with a sweet tin/candle and two large glasses of Sekt. Attention to detail cannot be faulted.

A taxi will cost you about €65-€70 from Schonefeld airport and takes 40 mins to an hour, depending on traffic.

A highly recommended hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2017

....and I have stayed in some nice ones. Beautiful building in quiet side street in Potsdam, only 5 mins walk from the Old centre and Brandenburg Gate, only 10 mins from the Dutch quarter. About ten min walk from the train station, so this is a really credible alternative to staying in Berlin itself. Run by the friendliest Germans I have ever met - Dieter the manager and all the desk staff and cleaners were all lovely. The place was spotless, the decor stylish, the rooms really spacious with great high ceilings. Indeed there is no air con, but in a historic building that's maybe not a surprise, and with wide open windows and a fan it was fine. I have never seen a breakfast like it; anything you could possibly imagine eating for breakfast was there, all fresh and delicious. You can park safely in secure parking right on site, and they gave us a half day rate on bike hire so we could go and see the exterior of all the main palaces and parks - unless you want to get off and go in a couple of hours is fine, and bike is by far the best way to see Potsdam. It's flat, lots of paths, hardly any traffic compared to the Uk. This hotel was immense value and I am so glad we chose it.

Room Tip: I reckon first or ground floor rooms cooler than loft ones
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2016

Nice hotel
The reception and the elevator look very simple
but the room is big , nice clean and comfortable
location is good, restaurants are in 5 min walk
The breakfast is fantastic !! and it can be served to the sun room.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2016

A clean, charming hotel, steeped in history. My husband had stayed here, 4 years ago when the hotel was still new. It is still very well managed with friendly staff.
The breakfast is excellent! The room was very comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple