See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 October 2016

My room was in the new building, looks recently constructed/renovated, basic but decent size and décor, convenient and clean. Can not comment on rooms at the old building. Bathroom clean, but sparingly maintained - better leave a reminder if out of soap... No bathroom amenities expected from a 4 star hotel, only shower gel, bring your own shampoo and body lotion. Staff friendly and cooperative, surroundings quite and inviting, the lake shore view pleasant.
A little off-central location, but tram/bus station at the door, and short ride to Potsdam pedestrian strip on city center. Be aware that the tram/bus line back to the hotel is on another street, ask reception how to come back! Restaurant with limited menu at the hotel and an excellent chef run Italian restaurant next door, otherwise eating out only in the city center. Wi-Fi comes and goes, with a little skill usable. Breakfast buffet very good, check if it is included in your reservation options and not extra.. Overall good place for a business trip.

Room Tip: New building
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Kristina K, Assistant to the General Manager at arcona Hotel am Havelufer, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

Dear M M, thank you very much for staying with us at our arcona HOTEL AM HAVELUFER. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write your feedback about our Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Potsdam. Kind regards Your team of arcona HOTEL AM HAVELUFER

Reviewed 6 October 2016

Very Bad room conditions. the toilet wasn't clean. Rooms are colds. wifi don't work. actually, I have been in so many hotels and 95% of them has wifi problems. so be prepared for this.

Receptionist were not experienced. I travel Potsdam for my job purpose, and it's always paid by my company. but only this hotel they said it is not paid. after wasting my 1 hour they said everything is fine and without saying sorry.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank saeedmail
Reviewed 1 August 2016

This hotel is nicely situated 25 minutes walk from the city center, close to the lake. It is a good place to stay if you have a car. The staff is helpful and friendly and the breakfast is nice. The rooms are a bit different, but functional and modern. I would say this hotel is well suited for leisure, but in my opinion a bit less for business. Parking just outside.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Kristina K, Assistant to the General Manager at arcona Hotel am Havelufer, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2016

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your comments regarding our rooms, location and breakfast options. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future. Sincerely, your team at the arcona HOTEL AM HAVELUFER

Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for a week in April. Decor is minimalist chic - verging on slightly basic in the bedrooms I thought. Rough industrial quality carpet and pretty basic bathroom ( think Travellodge if you know this hotel chain). Lighting levels were really poor at night - not sure whether this is cost saving or trendy but I could barely see to read. I was also slightly concerned by the lack of aircon. I suffer from tree pollen allergy and was unable to open the windows at night because of the pollen levels. It was uncomfortably hot in the room in what were very average April temperatures - in summer it would be impossible. On the plus side however the staff at the front desk were charming and very helpful and the hotel breakfast was very reasonably priced and really excellent quality. Views from the hotel across the water were lovely and with a bus and tram stop in front of the hotel the position was fine. I would stay here again in winter when aircon is not an issue - in summer I would avoid.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Andreas K, Front Office Manager at arcona Hotel am Havelufer, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2016

Dear Risottorules, thank you very much for staying with us at our arcona HOTEL AM HAVELUFER. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write your feedback about our Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Potsdam.
Kind regards
Your team of arcona HOTEL AM HAVELUFER

Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights at this hotel and overall had a good stay. Room and bathroom were decent size and clean. The location on the water is great for a relaxing walk and downtown is approx 15 min by foot. Only drawback with the room is the lack of overhead lighting in the bedroom. There were only small desk-like lamps protruding from the wall and they were not bright enough to light up the room properly. Breakfast was plentiful and there were many tasty choices. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Andreas K, Front Office Manager at arcona Hotel am Havelufer, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2016

Dear Guest, thank you very much for staying with us at our arcona HOTEL AM HAVELUFER. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write your feedback about our Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Potsdam.
Kind regards