See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 January 2017

Nicely located by the water. Great walks. Not easy to find. Parking a bit of a challenge. Breakfast varied and plentiful. Room far from reception and no lift. One receptionist requires re-training or a jib outside of the service industry

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2016

Helpful with some friendly and some not so friendly staff, wonderful free breakfast (breads, cheeses, cold cuts, fish, eggs, yogurt, pastries, cereals, juice, fruit, coffee). Not the easiest place to find if you don’t have a GPS. There is only a large Hotel sign on the road (no hotel name, just says Hotel!) mixed in with stores and a boat yard. Reception is in one building, rooms are across the parking lot in another building that is not marked. Would not recommend if you want a normal style hotel, worked fine for us. Room was small but efficient, as in it had everything we needed but in a small footprint. Bathroom small also but again efficient, medium size vanity, sand up shower. TV has a handful of English channels, BBC, CNN, etc. Wifi can be intermittent. One thing that bothered me was when checking in I gave them my passport (normal in Europe) after copying it (which was fine), the check in lady starts flipping through the visa pages looking for something – this I did not care for. Last I knew I was at a hotel not an immigration check point. She did not need to know where I have traveled to or if I had the correct entrance stamp to the EU.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2015

The hotel is clean and offers an acceptable comfort. It's a hotel Garni. The location is not ideal for visiting Berling as it is far from the centre and the tourist attractions. For guests who want to stay in Köpenick-Treptow or on the Müggelsee it is a worthwhile option. The hotel lies at the Marina on the Spree River. A workshop for ship repairs and a restaurant are located in the same compound.
The rooms on the ground floor have no view as it is blocked by a hedge. The rooms on the first floor have a good sight on the Marina and the Spree River. The rooms are spacious with new furniture. The bath room is bright and fresh. Wi-Fi is free of charge and worked flawlessly.
The breakfast is coming with a decent selection, but a good German breakfast would have been something else. Scrambled eggs in a food warmer were available, but freshly cooked eggs were not offered. There were no Croissant or Danish pastries, perhaps they were already gone.
In the compound is the restaurant Windrose, serving local German cuisine. The restaurant was deserted on 07:30 PM. There were hardly any guests. The next restaurant is situated 5 minutes drive away.
Taken into consideration all the positive reviews, my impressions were below the expectations.

Date of stay: November 2015
2  Thank Riesst
Reviewed 23 July 2015

We booked this hotel as it was listed as 'with river views' with a restaurant nearby, there was a pleasant view of the river nearby, but we visited the local restaurant and having walked through and viewed the interior, walked away, it was empty and 7p.m. at night and had a depressing atmosphere. The Hotel itself was clean, and the room was spotless, comfortable and welcoming. This hotel is not near Berlin in fact you need to transfer tram or train twice to get there and the journey takes 45 minutes at least. Do NOT even consider driving into Berlin unless you feel very confident as parking is difficult and there are different ' zones', which I found somewhat confusing.
Breakfast was acceptable, but I have eaten better at much cheaper hotels and in warmer atmospheres. The hotel is literally in the middle of a trading estate, this is not advertised and I feel potential visitors should be aware, there is a small town nearby but there is NO chance of parking and more roadworks than central London. We felt that the staff were not very accepting of British visitors, although we were the only UK visitors there, I observed their interaction with German guests and they were much warmer in their manner with them. This may have been a language barrier problem was the staff's understanding of English was basic at best. I speak sufficient German to get by so it was not a matter of 'the brit abroad who speaks no german' the hotel was not cheap and we have stayed in many more superior hotels throughout the World and at much more competitive prices. I was personally very disappointed and happy when it was time to move on.

Room tip: If you must stay here after our review, a river view is a must unless you like looking at a car park or a boat/engine factory
Date of stay: June 2015
3  Thank Weemango
Reviewed 15 July 2015

We did not want to stay in the city itself but this hotel is too far out. You have to catch 2 trams and depending on timing it takes half to three quarters of an hour to get to Berlin. It does have a view of the river which was nice but it was on what seemed to be a trading estate. We did not eat at the restaurant.It was virtually empty which tells you something! On a positive not the staff in breakfast were excellent and the breakfast was good, the staff on reception did not seem enthusiastic and welcoming.

Room tip: A suite is best overlooking the river
Date of stay: June 2015