“Pizza in Berlin”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 7 December 2014

For a change we went to this place that has been around Berlin since 1962. They served us great food and wine in a fun atmosphere. The Pizza Franco that they began serving in 1962 is great. We had gnocchi that melted in the mouth and other dishes as well. Everything was very good. It is on a great shopping street with amazing Christmas decorations that run for miles.

Reviewed 1 December 2014

If you like a true italian food, must eat at Francucci's. The food is like a piece of heaven in earth, from the bread to pasta. True german beer complements it all. I had a great night with my awesome carbonara. Everything is perfect over there.

Reviewed 23 October 2014 via mobile

Just ate with my wife and two children. Took ages to get the menus, took ages to order (in fact had to get up and find the waiter to do so), served other people their food before us (seemed like they knew them), got mine and my wife's food but had to get up and find my waiter to chase for my children's food. Unless you know the staff forget going there.

2  Thank zelf h
Franco F, Inhaber at Francucci's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Dear Zelf,
so sorry to hear that, specially with children, as we love children. I talked to the service staff and they had a very bad day because of 2 last minute sick waiters. The good news are, we are not a tourist trap, regulars LOVE us! We are a 90% local visited spot, frequented every day by more than 150 customers that are happy Berliners, half of them repeat their visit several times a week! That’s why we know them by their name. We do this successfully since 1996 here with a team of more than 30 committed employees and apprendists, and I did not hear good comments about the food… in despite of the 100% quality of ingredients and the commitment by our (Italian) cooking staff. Well, just try once more, we would be glad to see You. It feels great to become a regular!

Thank You indeed for the notification.
Kind regards
Franco Francucci

Reviewed 10 October 2014

Went there with my wife. Host took a regular couple to be seated who had walked right past us, even though the sign at the Hostess / Host stand indicated to wait to be seated. When I complained, he just ignored me and suggested that we sit at the bar. Which we did; and received NO service from the waiters. My advice: Don't go to this restaurant. There are many, many fine establishments all over this area of Berlin.

1  Thank Gary C

Dear Gary,
You had no reason to complain, if You do not have a reservation in a restaurant. Just be patient and polite, as we take care of Your needs.
Your critic has no sense for the readers, as You did not eat here. So does Your suggestion for other "many, many fine establishments" if You do not reserve.

So be honest and tell them, all the problem comes from the fact that You are impatient and unpolite.

Kind regards
Franco Francucci

Reviewed 29 September 2014

This restaurant holds surprises and not all related to the quality of food. About what we ate, the score this Ristorante has is right, but when dealing with the service, you can come across unpleasant surprises. If you have the misfortune to come up with the waiter who attended us, you’ll notice the surprise when you’ll be charged more for the wine, since you were served, he will say, the most expensive wine on the menu, even if you requested another, and also will directly charge you the tip (Trinkgeld)! A deplorable incident that, fortunately, wasn’t repeated elsewhere during our 6 days stay in Berlin.

Beware of waits your table!!