Schlafmeile Hostel
US$164
US$198
US$114
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

US$108
US$115
US$94
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Select Hotel Berlin The Wall(Berlin)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$76
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$89/night.

All reviewssmall parksattached cafemetre walkfriedrichshain areaoff licenceloved staying herestayed here for nightsrestaurants and barsvisited berlintram stopshort walkstudentyfrankfurterslockersallewifiberghain
Reviewed 27 July 2011

All in all disappointing. The main guy, was a average to poor host, who did not give us useful advice on nightlife, we had better luck just heading out and finding stuff ourselves. We were overcharged for a room, as one guy did not show up so we had to pay for his bed still (though someone else then took it even though je charged us for it) We never found the cheap breakfast offered, and office hours are bad, especially if you leave early or arrive late, as you then wave goodbye to key deposit. Location is not bad, though better can ne found, and the rooms where clean.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 3 July 2011

I have never written a review and am generally satisfied, but this time I have to make an exception.

Our flight is late, we arrive at 11:15pm and reception is closed. We are told by a patron to wait and see if they show up. We wait until 2am, then end up having no option but to stay at a hotel. This is understandably not their fault, but the drama ensued from this.

First thing next morning we check in and they tell us the room has ben given away. The hostile worker then says "ok maybe you will be lucky" and takes us to a room. We were "lucky" and were given 2 beds.

that night we return after a day of sightseeing and the beds have been occupied. The occupiers tell us that they had checked in that night. As we have already paid for our beds and could not afford the steep price of a hotel again, we have no option
but to sleep on the floor.

Next morning, another hostile worker says it is our fault we checked in late and another worker didn't write it down. We are again given two different beds.

That night, one of the beds was occupied so again, one of us slept on the floor.

3rd day, we are told to leave by 11 and come back at 3 because the bed I had slept in the night before was booked and I had to change rooms. so, we are left with our bags, waiting around until 3 when we may have a place that WE HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR. I told the man at the desk that we one of us had not had a bed for the past few nights and he shrugged and said move your stuff out by 11.

The only positive thing I can say about this hostel is that the rooms are clean. The staff are hostile and unwilling to accommodate, and I would not recommend it to anyone.

Stay at wombats or at christophers, it will only be an extra 6 euro per night that you would spend on trains per day to commute to the centre.

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank rebecccy
Reviewed 28 June 2011

This hostel has everything you need - clean, nice wide beds, great location, friendly staff... And for the price they charge - it's brilliant value! Really recommend. Bit annoying that since there is only ever 1 person on duty, sometimes you can't find them - but that's a small price to pay for such a bargain. Bring your laptop or smartphone - they've got good WiFi, but only 1 computer to use.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2011

I've been to Berlin five times (it's my favourite city) and I have always stayed at this hostel. Why? The prices are very reasonable, it's very close to the U+S Bahn (it's far from the centre but it's only 10 minutes by U-Bahn), it clean, comfortable, plus a great place to socialise in the common room and there are enough places to go out eating and drinking nearby.

But, more importantly Glen (the owner) and his staff are so friendly and helpful. For example on my second visit, I had booked for four nights but there was a problem with my booking and was only booked for two nights. However, Glen got on the phone and sorted out the remaining two nights at the nearby AO Hostel (nice but not as good).

I cannot visit Berlin again and not stay at this hostel, it's like a second home to me.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank BrezUK
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Myself and 3 others visited Berlin for the weekend and stayed here as it was recommended to us by friends. We arrived just after midnight and luckily the kiwi restaurant next door was open so someone could let us in. Unfortunately our booking had been taken down wrong and they had us down to arrive the next night, but after very little fuss we were allocated a room (see photos). The rooms have a private entrance out onto the street so people can come and go as they please. As others have said there is a tram that runs past the hostel and that can be a bit noisy. Apart from that the hostel is very clean, has nice hot showers, good cooking facilities and a lounge with TV and free wi-fi to relax in. There's also fixed computers to log onto. Glen (the manager) was friendly and on hand to recommend where to go. There are plenty of places to eat in the local area and the U-bahn is about a 5 minute walk from the hostel which runs straight into Alexanderplatz. I would definitely recommend heading up the TV tower (you may wish to book online beforehand to avoid the queues). It allows you to get your bearings whilst taking in a great view of the whole city. Also head down to the Brandenburg gate and join one of the free walking tours. It lasts for 3-4 hours and you'll learn a lot. You only have to pay what you think the tour is worth. All in all Berlin is great city and you can do all the major touristy bits in a weekend. Further out of the the city is Potsdam which other travellers said was worth a visit. This was my first time in a hostel but based upon the experience I will definitely look at them as an option for travelling in the future.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends