9 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$200
PricelineUS$176
TraveluroUS$229
6,984 results
All reviews tapas bar melia hotel level room friedrichstrasse station great location museum island river view within walking distance unter den linden city break checkpoint charlie mini bar central location main attractions tourist attractions junior suite few minutes walk
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 December 2021

We really enjoyed our 2-night stay at Melia Berlin. We liked our room overlooking the river. The bed and bedding was really comfortable. I was surprised that there wasn't tea or coffee in the room, but one call to the front desk and an electric kettle was brought to us. I also felt the room was a bit cold, and again, one call to the front desk and we had a portable space heater.

There was a wide range of English TV channels, and I liked the bathrobes in the room. We had plenty of room both for our bags, and to relax.

We had breakfast included in our rate, and this was nice. There was a wide range of offerings, and I particularly enjoyed my omelet and the freshly-baked, warm croissants and pretzels. We also used the exercise room, which can be reserved.

The location is great - and you can get to most historic places and shopping areas with an easy walk.

I wanted to make sure I mentioned the excellent hospitality we received from Niyazi. He was always professional, friendly, and patient. It's rare to have front desk staff so kind and welcoming nowadays. You could always tell that guest satisfaction was his priority and he had a kind smile below his mask. We appreciate him helping us have a pleasant stay at the hotel.

Date of stay: December 2021
1  Thank DesertDweller32
Team Melia Berlin, Sonstige at Melia Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2021

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice words and for taking your time to give us your detailed feedback!
It’s a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will forward your nice words to our team of the regarding departments and also of course to our colleague Niyazi - what a pleasure to see! We’re looking forward to see you around and send best wishes from our beautiful city,
your team of Meliá Berlin

Reviewed 1 December 2021

When hotel was booked we got attracted to the Level experience which promised nice breakfast and afternoon snacks and drinks in private surroundings. What we got was poor quality breakfast not in private surroundings but in really crowded room sitting so close to other guest that a private conversation was impossible.
We expected more for the prize paid and will not return!

Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
Team Melia Berlin, Sonstige at Melia Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2021

Dear Guest,

thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay! We are sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay at our hotel and would like to apologize for the incidents that have happened. Of course will forward this to our team and work on our development. We would like to apologize that we are only able to offer our Level Service from 3pm right now and hope to be fully back open soon. We still hope that you had a good time around the city and send best wishes
Your team of Meliá Berlin

Reviewed 28 November 2021 via mobile

Excellent location on Friedrichstrasse.close to the Bodem museum,flea market(on Saturday),great restaurants and u+s station.
Excellent service,clean and cozy room,nice breakfast.
Thanks for a great cityscape on these Corona times.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2021 via mobile

Good hotel. 45 minutes from the airport. Check in was good. We were asked for our covid passes before being allowed to the room. Room was good and had everything you would need. Floor was cheaply carpeted in my opinion. We stayed in one of the level rooms. Bathroom decor didn’t really match the room but I’m not complaining.
Location was fantastic. Everything you need relatively close by.
The real problem I had was at breakfast. A trainee at the station making omelettes purposely put ham in my vegetarian omelette. I saw him do it questioned him he said no no it’s vegetarian. Went back to my seat opened it and there was. I’m not sure why he would do it and deny it. Maybe it was my ethnicity.
One of the managers was very good in confronting him about it. I did also tell the manager that they should really be using spoons to add ingredient’s. Rubber gloves used to touch the meat and veg when making your vegetable omelette doesn’t make any sense. He said he would tell them. Next day rubber gloves again. Being a Meliá rewards member made it worse. Debatable if I will be returning when I’m back in Berlin. Happy for the hotel to contact me regarding this experience.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Team Melia Berlin, Sonstige at Melia Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2021

Dear BuuBuu16,

we would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Meliá Berlin. We are happy to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay and did have a good time around the city.

Regarding the incident at breakfast I would like to apologize for what has happend and will forward your words to our team again and hold internal feedback. Please be assured that this was never our intention and we will take your words into consideration.

If there is anything you would likt to discuss furthermore please feel free to concact me via nina.dangel@melia. com since we don't have any possibility to contact you via Tripsadvisor directly.
Looking forward to hear from you and sending best wishes

Nina Dangel
Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 7 November 2021

Staying at Melia Hotel at present. Whilst well located I wouldn't rave about the hotel itself. We're staying for 3 nights to celebrate a birthday. We couldn't even get a reservation at Tapas Bar on first evening to celebrate my husband's birthday which was disappointing. Bedroom we were allocated is directly looking into offices so no privacy. It's a struggle to control room temperature. No instructions whatsoever in bedroom. If you're from UK or Ireland and expecting tea and coffee making facilities in your bedroom at this 4 star Hotel, you'll be disappointed. Very difficult trying to source a kettle from hotel.

Staff we have not found to be that friendly. Don't plan to return.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank dolly6273
Team Melia Berlin, Sonstige at Melia Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2021

Dear Dolly,

thank you for your feedback! We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel and would like to apologize for the incidents that have happened. We are happy to supply everything that you need with your kettle via our front office, therefore we will let the know what went wrong. We still hope that you had a good time around the city and hope to see you around to convince you on our developments.
Sending best wishes