“never again” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #520 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
Cork, Ireland
“never again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2011

the location of this hotel was okay.. it was a 10 min walk from the main street. there was a railway bridge 2 mins up the road and it caused lots of noise which was not a good thing at night time. the street was very busy and in the morning the rubbish bin truck made loads of noise which also disturbed our sleep. the curtains in the room were useless, they might as well have no curtains in the room. the bed i was sleeping on was hard and very uncomfortable. the building it was situated in was very old. one of the staff members was nice and spoke good english. i wasnt very happy with the hotel and i wouldnt advise it to other people.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lodz, Poland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2011

Small pension between Kurfurstendamm (berliner shopping main street) and Savigny Platz, which make really nice location. Rooms are very simple but quite big and clean, with basic furnishings. Breakfast is really great! With a large choice. This is quiet, not expensive place to stay for one or two days. There is really beautiful staircase in the building.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Crawley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2010

Nice & quiet place, not far from the city centre with bus/underground just round the corner. Easy to reach from Schönefeld Airport, just follow directions given on the website. The room we've been given (No 11) was clean and equipped in everything we needed to stay there for 2-3 nights. The only thing we would find useful would be a bin in the room not only in the bathroom. Also it gets a little bit noisy every time when you take shower/flush the toilet, it wouldn't turn me off that place though. Buffet style breakfast is included in the price of the room, so you can enjoy it before you start exploring Berlin.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
Graz, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2010

Great value for money! Rooms were clean and quiet. Location is great (although it is a little bit difficult to find). Breakfast could be better, but it was OK.

Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2008

I had to drop my Wife off on the street to go in and get our room while I parked in a no parking spot 2 blocks away and waited 10 mins to make sure she would be back out on the sidewalk when I came back to get her. Then I parked near the hotel half blocking an entrance to a car garage. I waited there for about another 10 mins. Then I was very lucky to have someone leave and I moved into their spot right away.

The Parking is on the street (not on site) with a parking card they give you to use. You have to let them hold your drivers license or passport until you give back the parking card. Good luck finding one of those tight parking spots if you show up between 9:00am and 6:00pm. I hated leaving my rental car along this busy and crowded street for the 5 nights I booked online and stayed here. It survived without damage though. It is very, very, very busy here! A lot of traffic, tight streets, and pedestrians.

When you walk in the (semi-dirty looking) ground floor and the 1st floor are apartments then you get to the hotel part on the second floor. None of the 4 different staff that I talked to while we were there spoke any English but, hey, I'm in Germany and I should speak their langauge. On the 2nd floor it was clean and appears to have been recently painted in the large room we had. The 2nd floor also seemed to be slightly unlevel so watch it if you have too many of those great German beers!

We (my Wife and I) came back to our locked room after the 1st day out at 9:00pm. I opened the lock (without any bind, pressure, or force) on the only luggage bag that I had locked before we left and the lock fell onto the floor in 5 pieces??? This lock was new and not defective! It was one of those cheap ones that comes with the American Touristor luggage, but after turning the key, onto the floor went one complete half, the curved locking bar, and the other half was broken into 3 pieces?????????? Nothing that I know of was missing from my luggage or the room. I kept my valuables in the car or with me.

I mentioned it to a staff member who took me to a guest's room for interpretation purposes. When he (the guest) opened the door, he was wearing bikini underwear and zipping up his pants (he apologized), in the background in the room was another male in bikini underwear.
The man spoke great english and basically the women said it was a family business and doubted the cleaning person or anyone had anything to do with my lock falling apart. So, puzzled and unsure as to why my lock fell into pieces, I accepted her response and went back to my room for the night. Wow, an unsolved mystery!!! The rest of my stay was ok.

This hotel is close to public transportation, good food and drinks, shopping, etc. The hotel staff was nice and helpful and the buffet breakfast was great. We only paid 60 euros a night.

We both aren't that hard to please and would not stay here again!

• Liked — close to public transportation, food/drinks, and shopping.
  • Disliked — No telephone in the room, toilet paper roll sits on the back of the toilet, apartments are in the same building with the hotel, Parking on the street when you find a spot.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Berlin hotels