“Ibis Berlin Potsdamer Platz, Nov.2011”

Ibis Berlin City Potsdamer Platz
Ranked #129 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersBronze level
London
“Ibis Berlin Potsdamer Platz, Nov.2011”
Reviewed 16 November 2011

This was my first visit and I will definitely stay again. Friendly, professional guy on reception, nice quiet room at rear, very clean, good breakfast and great location for S-Bahn. The heating wasn't very effective and it was very cold weather but I don't blame this hotel as I have noticed this recently in all Accor hotels I have stayed in (Ibis, Novotel and Mercure). I suspect there is a company policy to cut down on heating in all hotels to save money.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Generally I liked my stay. It absolutely meet my needs, which where a good and central place to stay in Berlin.
The staff at the front desk where very helpfull and the facility is fair for its price.
What I would further like to have in hotel room is a refrigerator (mini bar) where I can put some staff which I buy outside and to have something to drink in the evening.
Additional to this I would like to have also a small couch for wathing TV.
Out of that I enjoyed my stay very much

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 September 2011

it was generally good. the beds not so comfortable. We found the finishings a bit close to a lower range of Accor hotels finishings. We found a too low number of foreign TV channels accessible in the room. The internet access in the lobby was not extremely performing.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Scotland
Reviewed 3 September 2011

My wife and I stayed four nights at this Hotel whilst on a short break in Berlin. We found the hotel to be very well located for our needs (although it is not at Potsdammer Platz). It was easy to travel from Shonefeld Airport to Friedrichstrasse Banholf (Station) and then change and get a train to Anhalter Banholf which is only a couple of hundred yards from the hotel if you come out of the correct exit.

The cost from the airport to the hotel was 3 Euros each (using an ABC ticket that can be obtained from a desk in the airport of from ticket machines). However, please note that most machines only take coins or Maestro Cards – not Mastercard or Visa.

The hotel was clean, our room was very comfortable and the staff were very friendly with excellent English. We did not eat in the hotel so cannot really comment on the restaurant although I am sure it would be fine. There are several restaurants fairly close by. I liked the Italian restaurant at the end of the street – only a couple of hundred yards from the hotel.

I was able to use WiFi for free in the lobby. There was a charge for using the service in our room.

My only criticism of the hotel was that it didn’t have tea and coffee making facilities in the room.

I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for reasonably priced accommodation for a visit to Berlin. I would certainly go back.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple