“home away from home”

i31 Hotel
Ranked #7 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

COFFEE !!!! As a serious coffee addict it is of utmost importance to find an institution that understands this addiction , well, at i31 I could not wait for my cuppa and the excellent , yes I said excellent breakfast every morning , great rooms , Molton brown products , friendly informative service and well situated to Metros , well , why bother looking elsewhere ??

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Hoteli31, Leiter Gästebetreuung at i31 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear odj2017,

What a wonderful review! Thank you very much for sharing your enthusiastic feedback here on Tripadvisor!

I'm glad we could provide you with a top-notch experience and you felt home away from home. This is exactly the kind of experience we want to achieve. Your compliments are very much appreciated. Be assured that I'll pass them onto my wonderful colleagues.

We look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for i31 Hotel

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From when we entered the hotel we were welcomed by fantastic customer service and a very needed welcome drink. We were given a free room upgrade which was spacious, modern and equipt with coffee, free drinks and toiletries. The hotels decor was unique and beautifully maintained. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying Berlin, it's a great central position, practiacally next to the tube and neighbors to the best Vietnamese restaurant in town! Book here, you won't be disappointed!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Michael H

Dear Michael,

I think we can stop any sort of marketing with reviews like yours. ;-) That is an excellent call to action you are giving to your fellow travellers. Thank you very much!!

We are looking forward for you returning to us.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel was easy and inexpensive to reach from Tegal Airport by public transport bus, tram and underground train.
Modern boutique hotel with courteous staff.The room (white comfort) though a tad compact was well appointed and more than adequate.A nice touch were the chocolates laid out each morning and the free drinks in the fridge obviously not alcohol.
We had continental breakfast each morning which suited us perfectly.
The dining room overlooks a peaceful asian garden.Also ate on deck outside.
The hotel was well located.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SHACOSydney

Dear SHACOSydney,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience and your enthusiastic recommendation here on Tripadvisor!

I'm happy to read all our services, facilities and freebies like the free minibar with soft drinks and the free wifi made your stay pleasant and comfortable.

Your compliments about the staff are very much appreciated. Be assured that I'll pass them onto my wonderful colleagues.

We can't wait to welcome you again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Having become quite seasoned travellers now, my wife and I like something slightly more up-market when holidaying.........well at least I do. This hotel provided that experience and there was not much that could be faulted during our 5 night stay.

Although the sunny weather was not hitting massively high temperatures we still wanted our room to be cooled by the air conditioning. Unfortunately it seemed to struggle to get anywhere near what we'd like even on the coolest setting and it wasn't the quietest system we've encountered. Guests may have difficulty when the temp rises! Opening the large door to the balcony had little effect as the room faced the inner courtyard garden therefore very little breeze. On the plus side though - that balcony was pleasant in the evening after the heat of the sun had died down a little!

Bed was fine - a normal double as far as I could tell, although the quilt was probably winter weight which didn't help with the heat as described above. Bathroom facilities were fine. Shower was the most powerful I've encountered with the drain struggling to cope with the amount of water coming through!

We didn't experience the ridiculously over-priced breakfast so I cannot comment on that, but there is a supermarket about 3 mins walk away and loads of cafes to cater for all tastes. The room fridge can hold a fair amount of food and beer with a bit of juggling, and the staff still manage to replace the free soft drinks each day.

Strange that the TV only had 3 English speaking channels in a well developed European country - all news stations!!! I know more about Donald Trump now than I ever did. Even more strange that I also read an article from a German minister bemoaning the lack of German speakers in Berlin. Clearly not on the TV :)

The location is very well served by buses, trams and Ubahn - all within 2 mins walk of the hotel so we had no problem getting anywhere we needed to be. The main train station is only 15 mins walk with no gradient.

All in all a nice hotel which we'd have no problem with recommending to others.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Hoteli31, Leiter Gästebetreuung at i31 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear LonelyBlade,

That you'll recommend us is the best feedback we can ever receive! Thank you for reviewing your stay with us.

We indeed put a lot of thoughts into the design and the whole concept of our boutique hotel in order to provide our guests with a unique and unforgettable experience. It makes me very happy to read that you noticed all our little attentions like the free minibar with soft drinks.

I’m very happy you took advantage of our central location in Berlin Mitte. With the tram lines just in front of our door and the metro station around the corner you can indeed easily reach Berlin's major sights (2 stations to Friedrichstr., 3 to Brandenburger Gate). Plus the wall memorial is just a few steps away from our boutique hotel.

After your review I immediately asked our technical team to check the air conditioning in the room you had. But please note that our reception team (available 24/7) is always ready to give you advice regarding the use of the system.

Please allow me also to answer your comment about our breakfast. Our healthy and rich breakfast buffet is rather popular among our international guests. You can find a wide selection of bread and rolls, fresh croissants (also double varieties), home-made muesli and fruit yoghurts, original. ital. pastrami, buffalo mozzarella and other quality meats and cheeses from around the world. You have the possibility to take a fresh orange juice with your breakfast or to prepare fresh waffles at the buffet. Finally you can finish off with a glass of sparkling wine. All this can be enjoyed either in our breakfast room or in our peaceful courtyard for only € 20.00 (€ 17.50 if pre-booked).
For every guest who does not fancy the big buffet we offer three small varieties for 5,80 € each. These encompass the French Breakfast (2 warm croissants, jam, orange juice and coffee), the Healthy Breakfast (muesli, yogurt, milk, fruit salad, orange juice and coffee) and the Savoury Breakfast (bread rolls, selection of sausages and cheese, orange juice and coffee).

We hope you’ll visit us again and give our breakfast a try.

Warmest regards from Berlin,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Really enjoyed our stay, excellent location for the war memorial and transport links. Wonderful room, very clean and comfortable with a lovely shower. The staff were very helpful and friendly. will stay again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear rblack_785767,

Many thanks for reviewing your stay at our boutique hotel! We are very glad you chose us for your first stay in Berlin.

I'm glad you took advantage of our location to visit the wall memorial which is just a few steps away. With the tram lines just in front of our door and the metro station around the corner you can indeed easily reach Berlin's major sights (2 stations to Friedrichstr., 3 to Brandenburger Gate).

We can't wait to welcome you again.