“Extremely bad service.”

Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Prenzlauer Berg
Reviewed 30 January 2016

I had a terrible experience in this restaurant. I went to have dinner on 29/01/206. At the end of the dinner, after paying the bill, the waiter came to our table and tried to forced to pay him a tip of 10% of the bill. He insited angrily several times untill I told him that I wanted to talk with responsable of the restaurant.

In my opinion I am not forced to any tip. If I consider that the service I received was good, I can leave a tip that not necessarily represets 10% of the bill (could be less or more).

Reviewed 29 November 2015 via mobile

Stopped in here for lunch on way to the flea market. Best thing we have done!. The food was lovely the service was amazing. I had the carbonara and the other half had a burger and chips. With a coke and pint it only came to...13.60 euros.. Couldn't believe it! Definitely go here. You can have a great meal on the cheap in berlin.

Reviewed 21 September 2015

There are lots not to like about Mi Amor. The lighting is too bright, clattering heels on the tiled floor are annoying and the atmosphere can hardly be called homely, but... the steaks are absolutely gorgeous. The fillet of beef is probably the best steak I've had in Europe and is consistently served exactly according to requirements. Really, the food is exceptional, and service is great. Now, if they could only turn down that lighting and make it more comfortable I'd happily move in permanently.

Reviewed 14 September 2015

Considering it's neighbourhood it's quite cheap for what it offers. However, I was here first time in beginning of 2012. and I'm coming from time to time. It says it's 50% off for last three and half years, and prices are being changed all the time, but not drastically. Also, if you find something on the menu today doesn't have to mean you will find it next time you come.

Another issue I have is that quality of food is mostly very good, but from time to time you can't recognise it's the same meal you had last time, and in those cases size of portion also varies. Luckily, this happened rarely for me.

Service is mostly good, but there is waiter which when we see we decide to skip...

I would say it's very good value for price you pay if quality of food and service is stable but unfortunately it's not, hence average rating.

Reviewed 24 August 2015

Really tasty steak available in a range of sizes and you get to choose your sides and sauces with choices of everything from jacket potato, salad, chips, veg etc. There is also a range of pizzas, pastas and pork and fish dishes available. The wine comes per half litre and there is a good choice of wines and other drinks.

The food is very tasty and comes in very big portions so on both our visits we never got to try desert. You can sit inside or outside in a very nice area surrounded with plants and listen to the street musicans (some of whom were excellent).

Excellent waiting staff who go out of their way to ensure you don't order the wrong things (due to translation issues) and are funny, friendly and efficent. Would definately go back.