“Great tasting menu in Berlin Mitte”
Review of Bandol sur Mer

Bandol sur Mer
Ranked #323 of 8,928 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mitte
Reviewed 3 July 2017

We enjoyed a wonderful dinner in this smallish restaurant that is conveniently located in the Mitte area of Berlin. On our dinner in June we sat on the nice little terrace. The restaurant provides various tasting menu option that are composed of seafood, meat and vegetable dishes. The food was inspiring and delicious. We tasted for example sea crab, langoustine, asparagus. The apple desert was fantastic! Our Swedish waiter brought his personal touch to our memorable dinner! We will return!

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Do not be deceived by the deceptively simple appearance. This is a seriously good place. Service is dignified, but with a great concern for your well being. Uncomplicated. The cooking is superb. Incredible flavours and textures. Wonderful combinations. Very interesting wine list.

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

This is such a great surprise for a Michelin star restaurant. The dining room is small, only about 16 seats, and reminded me of when I shared a house with 8 people at University. Trendy, funky, and decorated with old utility items, it feels like you're in a canteen for a small business in the 1970s. This is so relaxed and makes a wonderful change from those kinds of restaurants where you have to wear a suit to be welcomed. The team are cool guys, relaxed, friendly, knowledgable about their wines and ingredients, and the food is absolutely worth their Michelin star, or I'd go as far as to suggest worth two. We ordered the meat five course menu, but swapped out one course for one from the fish menu, then added another course later for good measure. The delicacy of the food is sublime, nothing was too rich to become heavy, every combination carefully thought through to compliment all elements of the dish, and the menu as a whole, even with our swapped out course. The wines are exceptional, one we choose then one more on recommendation which was precisely perfect for our tastes and the dishes. We'll definitely go back and have Bandol sur Mer down as one of the best ever Michelin starred venues we have visited.

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

This is a little gem where I went twice during my brief stay in Berlin. What struck me most is the harmony in the flavours in every dish. All the ingredients in the dishes are chosen to enhance each other.
The waiters are very nice and friendly and the service is excellent.
It's a very small restaurant where you can see the chefs cooking from all the tables.
If you're looking for luxury, this place isn't for you. But if you're looking for excellent food and great service, this restaurant is for you. I also believe that it deserves a second star.

1  Thank Thenriot
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

We had wanted to try Bandol sur mer for quite some time and it's hard to get a table because it's that tiny.
There were two menus available, one offering more fish and seafood, the other more meat.
It took a while until we could order. The two amuse geules were fantastic, but that was about it.
The first course was a catch for the eye but the taste was disappointing.
My boyfriend ordered more courses than I did, so naturally I had to wait for quite a bit. However, no one seemed to be in a hurry. There were two courses in one hour. They could do it quicker, as we could witness at the other tables around us - and much more friendly, as I have to add.
We sat next to some B-celebrity who was asked how he liked it all the time, in our case that didn't seem necessary.
The other courses went on the same way: spectacular for the eye, not so much for the tongue.
This, in addition to arrogant service, was a huge disappointment- we won't come back!

1  Thank Fraeulein_Sushi