“Surprising ”

Cuisines: African
Neighbourhood: Prenzlauer Berg
Neighbourhood: Prenzlauer Berg
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

It is not often that I was able to have some Eritrean/Ethiopian food and Savanna delivered! The staff is just incredibly friendly and makes you feel at home and the food selection is both unusual and tasty. It is the best crocodile meat I have tried so far (way better than anything I tried in Australia) and the grill mix platter offers you a wide variety of meat for you to try. If you want to try something different and tasty, worth a visit!

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

We went as a big family group as we're told the restaurant was very veggie/ vegan friendly.

When we arrived and looked at the menu I could see my daughter getting more and more upset. We left as the tears started as she couldn't understand why anyone would serve zebra meat.

Not for us thanks!!

Reviewed 29 December 2016

We ended up at Savanna after wandering a bit through the nearby streets in search for a place to have food (there are lots of interesting restaurants in the area).

The place is very nice, romantic with dimmed lights, African-style yet modern decor.

Food is very good (try a soup before the main!), and you'll come out of place very well fed, and at a convenient price too! The African-style meat and vegetables are great, along with their particular "bread".

Staff is kind and prepared (we had a gluten-free diet requirement).

Reviewed 27 October 2016

I'd hoped that in Berlin an Ethiopian/Eritrean restaurant could be authentic, but sadly the food was equally un-spicy here as at the couple of Ethiopian restaurants in my home town of Barcelona; nothing like what I was used to among the Ethiopian communities of Atlanta and Philadelphia.
In addition to the food not being spicy, the meats were overcooked - the lamb just a little, the beef a bit more, and the chicken too far gone to cut properly even with a knife.
The restaurant is pleasant, and the service was very good. They need to improve on the food.

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

3 stars for the sweet and sour food experience and 4 for the great hospitality. Might have to go eat there again to justify the food and get used to the new taste.