See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 October 2017

A solid mid-range hotel with fantastic views over Spree from some rooms, sauna and - in summer - roof-top pool availble, good breakfast, parking possibility for 8€/night as finding a free parking slot in the neighbourhood is a fairly good luck, friendly staff - it all makes it worth staying at Kubrat hotel in the heart of Köpenick. On top, it is just next door to a really great sicilian restaurant with home-made food and a nice wine selection.

Room Tip: with view over Spree
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2016

Growls, howls, roars and general loudness of my exhaust system caused me to visit the ATU muffler centre in Berlin. What had happened was the exhaust had separated from the exhaust manifold on my car.

Using my iPhone, I looked for a place to stay for a second night, because the muffler place needed 24 hours to order and receive the necessary parts. I booked the hotel through internet.

My navigator (electronic) lead me to a cobbled street with no visible place called the Kubrat (half-way down the street!). There was an arch with cars parked at the end of the short driveway behind the arch itself.

I soon found out my error, when the property owners directed me to the end of the street, almost opposite the fire station.

I drove into the court-yard and parked my car was packed 'to the gills' as the saying goes, with dried food, cans and jars of supplies and loads of inherited bits and pieces from my Mum who lived in UK, had very recently passed. I also had fresh foods packed into a cooler loaded on the back seat, with about 10 freezer elements surrounding the food!

The court-yard had a very high wall flanked by a building, creating a lovely shaded area in the corner, where my car would be practically clear of any sunshine. I used it gratefully.

Grabbing my suitcase, I walked to the lobby and checked in. My room was on the third floor, with 2 very large windows overlooking the court-yard and a number of other buildings to the right side (looking west). The room was large, bright, plenty of counter space, TV, 2 chairs, night stand, closets, etc. The bathroom white-tiled, with a shower corner (large) that poured directly onto the floor! Good toilet and sink with drinkable hotel water, plenty of light and towels.

The beds (2 singles) were comfortable, with a duvet on each… well one was, I only slept on one! But the pillows were too soft, with almost no form, providing almost no head support, even tho' I used the other one from the 2nd bed! I slept well.

There was no food restaurant, but a 'Continental' breakfast was available if wanted… but not until 08:00! No good for me! I needed to be at the muffler place by 07:30. Car parking in the court-yard was €5 per night, payable only in cash and only in euros. I was happy with that, but had to walk to a bank machine (ATM) about 300 yards away.

Room Tip: I liked my location in the hotel. 3rd floor. The sun streams in through the 2 large windows. Downside… no A/C!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2016

Spent over 50 nights altogether at this hotel on 25 different occasions. The staff was always friendly and helpful, the cuisine is great, and the rooms are a great value for the price. I absolutely recommend it!

Room Tip: Non smokers room with a balcony. Go for it.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2016

Comfortable, well-equipped room (including minibar) with view over the River Spree.
Friendly Staff.
Good breakfast, provided in attractive dining room.
Convenient location in Kopenick. Close to amenities, including transport.
Hotel has a spa, rooftop terrace and swimming pool. In addition, there is a riverside terrace which is open during warmer months.
Apartments are also available.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights and would highly recommend for those who are looking for a comfortable hotel. The staff were helpful and friendly, beds were comfortable and bathrooms were basic, but more than satisfactory. No free wifi available, but they do have pre-paid cards that can be purchased for 24 hour access. Breakfast was buffet-style, served between 6am and 11am and had a good selection available. Reasonable room rates.

• Stayed: May 2013