4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
NH CollectionUS$134
Expedia.comUS$121
PricelineUS$120
Hotels.comUS$121
TravelocityUS$121
travelup.comUS$134
2,388 results
All reviews train station great location brandenburg gate walking distance museum island excellent hotel central location junior suite quiet room hotel is modern great shower sight seeing friedrichstrasse noise transport
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 January 2022 via mobile

Cannot thank you guys enough for a wonderful stay. We travelled from Dublin to Berlin and were very happy with our stay. To Jan and Meredith who helped and tended to our every need with a friendly smile, thank you! (Especially for helping with the champagne and flowers) Great location, spacious, warm and comfortable room with a great balcony. Highly recomend a stay at the NSH Mitte. We will be back soon!

Kind regards

Brian

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
David S, Gästeservice/Empfang at NH Collection Berlin Mitte Friedrichstrasse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2022

Dear flycapirelandc,
Thank you for taking the time to write to us about your stay at our NH Collection Berlin Friedrichstrasse. I am thrilled that you had a good experience with us. Thank you so much for highlighting the readiness of our staff, I am certain your comments will go a long way in ensuring their continuous commitment to the service we aim to provide. We hope to welcome you again soon.
Your NH Collection Berlin Team

Reviewed 20 December 2021

Very helpful staff at the reception, even printed my Covid test certificate, which I had received by e-mail. Add to that central location next to an S-Bahn station and an excellent breakfast buffet - what else can you wish for!

Date of stay: December 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
David S, Gästeservice/Empfang at NH Collection Berlin Mitte Friedrichstrasse, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2021

Dear Andris S,
Stay safe & healthy,
Your NH Collection Berlin Team

Reviewed 11 November 2021

I reserved a stay at the NH Collection Berlin Mitte Friedrichstrasse for the first time in Oct/Nov of 2020 and even with the Covid restrictions in place enjoyed my stay and my accommodations very much (superior XL room is fantastic!). However, my second stay in Oct/Nov 2021 was simply not as good.

Positives: Location can hardly be beat! Even found another entrance (to the left of the lobby reception desk), which is much closer to the underground - the U station is just outside the door! Hotel is very close to several decent restaurants, a grocery store, and at least two performance venues.
Rooms are nice and provide ample storage for clothing etc. Suggest reserving at the superior XL if your budget allows. I reserved just the superior room and did not like the much smaller room at all!
The keycard system used at this hotel was very contactless in the elevators! I liked that I simply had to swipe the card and my floor was automatically chosen! Very good!

Negatives: The buffet breakfast made me ill. I skipped eating breakfast twice during my stay. The mini fridge in the rooms should be completely empty to allow the guests to insert their own drinks etc. Why stock the fridge for guest use with items no one wants to have to purchase??? There is a Reves convenience store barely a ten minute walk from the hotel for purchasing much less expensive drinks and snacks.

I liked the ability to receive a free drink if a card is placed outside the door declining have towels replaced/room cleaned. However, the female attendant at the bar was very rude! Unlike on my first visit. The attendant MADE ME WAIT FOR ALMOST 10 MINUTES before accepting my card for a ginger ale beverage?! Completely unacceptable! I am a guest and I approached the bar for my free drink and was made to wait until the female bartender was finished sorting some paperwork. It was infuriating! As a guest of your hotel, the staff should IMMEDIATELY forego any paperwork and attend to the guests' needs. Of course! I was flabbergasted! There are at two other hotels in the same vicinity barely a 20 min walk. I can choose to go to other hotels. Attend to the guests' needs FIRST!

Also, as a Hilton member, I noticed that NH does not seem to have the same "room cleanliness" policy as Hilton maintains. The Hilton rooms have adhesive stickers placed on the doors when the rooms have been sanitized. Even the TV remotes have labels on them when they have been cleaned. I noticed NH does not have a similar policy. I stayed in two NH hotels during my vacation and both hotel rooms did not appear to have been sanitized - I typically sanitize the rooms anyway just for my own peace of mind. Just an observation.

Anyway, room for improvement NH... hope these comments help other travelers!

On a side note, VERY good Asian restaurant about a 15-20 min walk from the hotel. Akito Sushi bar or something like not far from the Palast theatre.

1  Thank johnhO2491MW
David S, Gästeservice/Empfang at NH Collection Berlin Mitte Friedrichstrasse, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2021

Dear Johnh02491MW,
Thank you very much for your recent stay and thank you for taking your time to sharing your feedback with us.
We do apologize that we left an overall disappointing impression with you.
In regards to the breakfast buffet we regret that you were not able enjoying it as we usually get very good feedback about the assortment and freshness. If you would like you can certainly share some more detailed information with us what exactly we can improve.
We absolutely have to agree that your experiences at the Bar are absolutely unacceptable and we have already shared your feedback with our Manager for further service training.
We regret as well that our minibar assortment was not with your favorite items but you are more than welcome to inform us about your favorite snacks and drinks and maybe we can have them placed in the minibar for you on your next travel to Berlin.
We do have an NH hygiene concept and due to relaxation of the covid regulations we do not use the stickers anymore and have glassware and coffee machines back in the rooms. Before we had the same regulations like the Hilton Hotel and other Hotels in Berlin, but of cause it looks like we have to go back to stronger regulations again.
Thank you very much once again for your detailed feedback and we hope we will have a chance welcoming you back on another journey to Berlin.
If there is anything else in the near future please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Best regards,
Your NH Collection Team Berlin Friedrichstraße.

Reviewed 2 November 2021

This hotel is well located within short walking distance to the train station and tram stop. There are a lots of shops like eateries, super markets and reasonably priced restaurants. If you like walking, it is also within a 15-30 mins to many museums and markets.

Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
1  Thank Happiness65444287654
David S, Gästeservice/Empfang at NH Collection Berlin Mitte Friedrichstrasse, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2021

Dear Happiness65444287654,
Thank you very much for giving us a very good rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers.
I am sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay.
If there is anything we may assist you in the future please contact us at any time directly.
We look forward welcoming you back for another exciting stay here in Berlin.
Best regards,
Your NH Collection Hotel Berlin Friedrichstasse Team

Reviewed 24 October 2021

We stayed as a group of friends for the Berlin Marathon this year in September. The hotel is just 10mins walk from Brandenburg gate and ideally located to all central attractions. Breakfast was a bit of a let down and very expensive, but the rooms were comfortable and service was discrete.

Date of stay: September 2021
1  Thank 227sd
David S, Gästeservice/Empfang at NH Collection Berlin Mitte Friedrichstrasse, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2021

Dear 227sd,
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and thank you for taking your time to review your stay. The entire team is very happy to see that you had an enjoyable time in Berlin and at the NH Collection Berlin Friedrichstrasse.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the NH Collection Berlin Friendrichstrasse or to any other NH Hotel in the world.
Greetings from the NH Collection Berlin Friedrichstrasse Team.